Pregnant And Goin 2 Be A Step mum To A 21yr old.Im 25

brokksy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 am 
Post subject: Pregnant And Goin 2 Be A Step mum To A 21yr old.Im 25
I realy dont no wot to do cuz i am 6 months pregnant and my step son 2 b is only 4 years younger.. Its goin 2 b hard coz at 21 u dont want to listen 2 someone who is only 4 years older.. Also A 16 yr old lad... but that dont bother me as much... they will have a step sister in febuary too... Please Help If u can.. any advice will help... I meen it Any Advice..It all Helps.. Confused thanks
melanieryan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:43 am 
Post subject:
I think if the other kid who is not a kid anymore is 21 years old you should just try and be his friend
Hannah1987
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 am 
Post subject:
My husband is 18yrs older than me, he is 44 and I'm 26. He has 5 children and they're 23, 21, 16, 15 and 7. When we got together they were 18, 16, 11, 10 and 2. The way we went about it with the oldest two was as melanieryan says, just to be friends especially as they're old enough to have their own lives. I was lucky in that we've always gotten on and they respect me, they've both always said they're glad their dad is not with his ex wife any more because they never liked her (she never made much effort with them as children, she was their step mum) and that they're happy because their dad is happy.

With the youngest three I've never tried to be their mum but have treated them as I would my own and they adjusted really well considering how hard it was for them when their parents split. We got married last year and in their own time they have started to call me mum, even the 16yr old and he's always been the hardest one to bond with. Was really surprised the other day when the 15yr old said she was glad that her mum and dad had split up because now her dad is happy and I'm her step mum, thought that was very selfless and grown up.

It's very hard and a lot to take on but stick with it as it's worth it when it clicks in to place. My husband is booked in for a vasectomy reversal so we can try for our own and all 5 of his kids are supportive and the two youngest girls are as excited as we are Smile

Hannah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular