Pants Problems!

eabhaj
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm 
Post subject: Pants Problems!
I have been training my 2 & 9 months year old daughter for the last 8 days. We had our moments but at last it seems to have clicked! However.....
She will NOT tell me when she wants to go or pull down her pants. As a result, if I am not in the room with her all the time watching, she will sit on potty and pee through her clothes. I have tried telling her to pull down her pants, I have even shown her Mammy pulling up & down her pants, and last but not least the creation of the 'Pants Dance'. Nothing seems to work. On one hand I want her to be proud when she goes on potty and not discourage her by pointing out were she went wrong all the time. She has no issues around the potty and goes pee & poo without any hesitation. She starts playschool in Sept and really need to this issue sorted asap.

P.S. to train her we did let her run around naked for a few days, but now I think I created this problem by not introducing pants day 1!
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
if she uses the potty on her own accord then in the house i would just let her run around with no underwear on, thats what i do with my daughter, as even though she can tell me that she needs to go she cant pull her own underwear down quick enough and if im upstairs and shes downstairs i have no chance of getting to her quick enough.

how is your daughters speech in general? it may be that she hasnt got the vocabulary to express herself yet?

eabhaj
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
She is fine with the talking and can vocabularise any of the potty terms, poo, wee, potty, wipe, flush and pants! I have been thinking of letting her run around naked in the house as she has been brilliant when we go out, has not wet herself once. I am just concerned that this will be an on-going thing with her. Someone did suggest that when she starts pre school she may pick up on what the other children are doing. But at the moment she does not seem bothered at all that her pants are wet when she does this.
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
she's doing well for 8 days, keep going and in time she will learn, do try going back a step and leaving her with no pants on for a bit.

Something else you could try is putting pants on her and every half an hour take her to the potty, pull down or help her pull down the pants and sit her on the potty, then increase the timing to every hour or so, then she associates going to the potty with pulling down her pants

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular