GOING ON HOLIDAY? QUESTIONS??

curlywurlysue
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:37 am 
Post subject: GOING ON HOLIDAY? QUESTIONS??
Hi ladies
Partner and I, and a 15 month old little girl in tow who is a good walker are flying to
southern spain for a two week holiday. But i am very apprehensive at moment and have questions and hopefully you will be able to help me?
Flights are 6.30am on sat 13th august. So it will be an early get up for all of us. We have only half hour to travel to bham airport.

Do you think it is best to give LO breakfast at home then once we are at airport after customs where all the food restaurants and shops are?
Fill her up then let her run around and wear herself out before flight?
Then give her a bottle just before we take off or when we are up in clouds lol?
Hopefully it will induce some sleep.

I was also thinking because of the restrictions what you can take as in food and liquids in hand luggage through customs is it best to buy what i need for LO in boots after going through customs??

Thank you
Sue..xx
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I took my daughter on her first 4 hour flight when she was 8 months old and was as good as gold. Took her when she was 15 months and as good as gold again but wouldn;t sit down lol

I would give her breakfast before you leave the house and then when you get to the airport and let her run around as much as possible to wear her out and then give her a bottle on take-off to stop her ears popping. We were delayed on the way home and had to sit on the flight for 3 hours before take off and she just ran up and down the plane the whole time (luckliy the cabin crew were ok with this). Am taking her on a flight again in a couple of weeks but it's late at night so am dreading that a bit lol

If you take any milk or food through departuresyou have to open it all and taste it so pointless really just buy it all in boots when you go through and try and get as much as possible in your suitcase.

Enjoy Very Happy

curlywurlysue
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
Oh bless you thank you so much for your reply. It looks like my plan is the right one or at least to try to go with it lol. Little one will definitley walk up and down the airplane and say hello to everybody on the flight she is very sociable. So hopefully it will be okay and i have also been told to take some brand new toys and wrap them up so it is all exciting for her to keep her interest.
As for Boots at the airport that shop will definitly get a blast from me and stock up after
customs checks.

Very apprehensive but really looking forward and good luck with your trip you sound very
experienced traveller with children which is what i was hoping to get as a reply

thank you again

sue...x
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
That's fine.

Yes, take lots of toys and books too to keep her entertained.

Yep my daughter was up and down the plane talking to everyone lol. The pilot opened the cockpit whilst we were grounded and she kept going in. he knew her name in the end as she kept going in and pressing all the buttons. I just sat and relaxed and let her get on with it as she couldnt get anywhere and if I tried to restrain her she would have just screamed the plane down. All the other kids were trying to feed her and play with her haha

I'm sure you'll be fine

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Oh another thing, strap as many as you can off her toys to the buggy, saves on your baggage weight and get a rayshade if you haven't got one. They are excellent Very Happy

helenmoore
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:56 am 
Post subject:
I would suggest that you try to ensure that she doesn’t miss her sleep. Early morning at 6:30 would be very early for her and she could be very cranky. You will have to feed her breakfast and make her go to sleep. Let her sleep as long as she wants to sleep. Once she is awake then you feed her from her bottle.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular