Well that's..different.

Woodles
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:39 pm 
Post subject: Well that's..different.
My LO is 10 months old, yesterday he was having dirty nappies fairly often through the day. They were less solid than usual and brighter yellow instead of the usual orange/tan colour. I assumed it was due to us having to change his food at the moment due to an injury to one of his teeth. But today he has had diarrhoea and it has slowly become darker and darker till his last one about 15 minutes ago which was dark green, almost black! He has such a sore bum from it i had to take his nappy off for as long as i could just to let some air to it(which ended up with pools of wee & a pooey carpet!).
He's just been bathed & wouldn't sit in the bath because he was frightened of it hurting. I've been putting Sudocreme on him all day.
I've been giving him as much water as he will take through the day which only tends to be a few mouthfuls every hour.
Will his bottles be giving him the water he needs along with those few mouthfuls?
If it continues tomorrow should i take him to the doctor?
He seems quite happy except when he fills a nappy or when i clean him bum.
I've been using cotton and water to clean him but it still makes him scream the house down.
I'm wondering also if maybe some milk has gotten into his system and caused this as he is lactose intolerant.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 am 
Post subject:
You're probably sorted by now but it's quite normal to have episodes like this and it's quite possible about the milk. Bepanthen cream I find is much better than sudocrem at clearing up nappy rash. baby clinic is probably the best place to go first rather than the gp, they deal with this all the time and can advise better than the gp and can tell you what to do.

xx
Woodles
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah it is all sorted out now Smile
We got some nappy rash cream & visited the doctor. Suspected it to be a virus. Gave us some Dioralyte (sp?) rehydration sugars just to be on the safe side. Horrid thing was he told us to stop all food, milk, snacks, dinner & only give him 7 oz of water with these sachets mixed in. He was so hungry all day & night but 24 hours of it and he was right as rain!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular