7 month old, diarrhea for 7 days now

Bubbles1980
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:57 pm 
Post subject: 7 month old, diarrhea for 7 days now
Hi ladies

Just wanted some advice really, my LO has had the squits for 7 days, I took her to the doctors just for peace of mind and was literally told what I assumed... ride it out. Crying or Very sad

Her bum is sooooooo sore its unbearable, sudocrem, bepanthen arent helping, does anyone use anything else to help?, also is there anything I can give to help with the squits(!).

Thanks xx
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Nothing that will stop it but dioralyte to replace lost salts if lo will drink it, also not sure on the age its allowed from check with pharmacist, Charlotte had a tummy bug and it lasted 10 days Sad
The best thing I have come by for a sore bum is metanium cream, its amazing, my lo's don't tend to suffer with nappy rash unless they have a tummy bug, I use it after the bath at night and bum looks alot better in the morning and normally gone in a day or two xx

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
My son had something similar at that age, my GP suggested we replaced each milk feed with half as much again of dioralyte. Just to replace salts, and because also often after a tummy bug digesting milk can be difficult.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Milly is just coming out of rotavirus which meant squits for 3.5 weeks!! best advice I can give is nappy off as much as possible. How old is your LO? I just had her outdoors the whole time, with a potty to whip her onto - fresh air is the best thing
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
She is only 7 months, so I cant give her dirolyte(cant spell that!!). I have been keeping the nappy off for as much as I can to let the air get to her bum.

Squits for 3.5 weeks!!!!, I am going thru nappies like no-ones business!!! I have been giving her lots of water. I said to my GP that I am worried its because I have introduced new tastes, textures etc and when she eats she has the squits so how is her body absorbing the nutrients etc you know ?

He basically checked her bum and daisy(!!) and listened to her bowels and said it will pass and sent me on my way. I can cope with the squits but her poor little bum Crying or Very sad x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
bless her. Metanium would be worth a try. My SIL recommended it to me first time Isaac had bad rash, and it's AMAZING!!! waaaay better then the others, seems to heal even badly bleeding patches overnight. Yellow tube, they sell it in supermarkets as well as boots etc.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular