Morocco with 16 month old

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 pm 
Post subject: Morocco with 16 month old
Hi All,

We are considering a 2 week trip to morocco in November but doing it a bit more independently. We want to hire a car and do a few days in Marrakech, a few days walking in the high Atlas and then a week on the beach, and I have a few concerns/questions I'd like to pick your brains on if you have been to the country (not necessarily with children).....

1 How accessible is good healthcare out there? I am assuming in the large towns it is fine but what about the More remote areas?

2 is the medina/ markets in general buggy friendly? Or would it be a better idea to take the bushbaby backpack?

3 the recommended jabs, hep a, typhoid etc - would our LO have to have these too?

4 long shot but if anyone has done self drive in Morocco did you take your own car seat or get one with the hire car and if so was it ok safety wise?

5 can anyone recommend child friendly hotels/riads? I was hoping that if we managed to find a really small riad then it might be possible to have a room off a courtyard so we could sit there in the evenings once LO was in bed!

Thanks for your advice x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular