Poo Problems!

Melg1903
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:17 pm 
Post subject: Poo Problems!
I have been potty training my daughter for about 3 months. She will be 3 in October. We've cracked the weeing and she will happily ask when she needs a wee and sit on the toilet or a potty to do so. She did successfully poo on the toilet just twice but now won't even consider pooing on the toilet anymore. She's well aware when she gets the sensation of need to poo but will just whinge and grab at her bottom. If I say to her "Do you need to poo?" she says no. If I put her on the toilet she gets very upset and will just get down saying "No poo mummy, no poo". We have been still using pull-ups for naps and nighttime and she has got into the habit of waiting until an opportunity when she's got a nappy on to poo. She's even asked me for a nappy so she can poo. We've tried rewards, potty training stories, i've tried to explain the process to her, she even says herself "I'm a big girl and big girls do poos on the toilet, not in my pants" but she still won't try when the situation arises and has had several accidents and tummy aches resulting from holding it. Can anyone suggest anything, please? I'm so proud of the progress she's made with her weeing but this is getting entirely frustrating. Do I remove the nappies altogether and just cope with wet/dirty bedding/clothes? If I do that, how do I stop her holding it to the point of getting constipated and uncomfortable? HELP!!!! x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular