calling all mothers of multiples or mothers to be!!

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm 
Post subject: calling all mothers of multiples or mothers to be!!
Hiya ladies

My name is Kate, im pregnant with identical twins. I dont know the sex but getting very very excited about it all. Im 18 weeks pregnant and still working full time. I work as a nurse doing 12.5 hour shifts including nights. I have 4 weeks annual leave to take before i start mat leave. but my question to you lovely ladies is....... when are u planning on starting mat leave or when did you start mat leave? How early were your babies? and looking back is there anything you would do the same or differently? im really struggling to work out when to finish work as i know there is a fine line and dont want to bring on labour too prematurely but also want the maximum with my babies after their birth? Any advice would be brilliant!! I will also post this in the gen preg section.

Thankyou!

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, i wasnt working so didnt have to think about mat leave but i gave birth at 31+4 weeks and really wish i had rested a lot more in the weeks leading up as i think if i had, my boys wouldnt have been born as early. Have you spoke to your MW about this, she may be able to give some advice on the best stage to start slowing down but i would say, don't leave it too late. They normally dont let you go by 38 weeks with twins so i would count that as the latest you will give birth and base your decision on that date rather than the 40 week mark.

lucyat
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, i am a nurse too and also worked 12.5hr shifts and still do having had to go back full time!!!! My gilrs are 16mths now and i planned to finish at 34weeks however they decided to arrive at 33weeks!!! they were in SCBU for 3 weeks but that all seems a distant memory now!!! congratulations on ur great news, welcome to madness!!!

lucy
xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
lucyat wrote:
Hiya, i am a nurse too and also worked 12.5hr shifts and still do having had to go back full time!!!! My gilrs are 16mths now and i planned to finish at 34weeks however they decided to arrive at 33weeks!!! they were in SCBU for 3 weeks but that all seems a distant memory now!!! congratulations on ur great news, welcome to madness!!!

lucy
xx

Hey Lucy hows ur girls getting on? Smile x

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou! Thats brilliant Lucy. Im thinking about finishing at 30 weeks? Then really put my feet up?? well as much as i can with a 2 year old running around!!

lucyat
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 am 
Post subject:
hiya jenna, they are really good at the minute, at last both are crawling rapidly pulling up on furniture sitting down cruising!!! everything i never thought i would see them do!!!! All is good, hows ur two little cherubs? x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 pm 
Post subject: Re: calling all mothers of multiples or mothers to be!!
I've been discussing the same issue with my sister over the weekend. And like Jenna recommends Im using my 38 week date as my 'due date', so that will be 24th January. I'm hoping to leave work 6 weeks before when I will be 32 weeks and want to use 2 weeks holidays before starting Mat leave 4 weeks before due date.

I suspect I might just be dreaming thinking I can work as far as that though! Apparently the leaving date is flexible so I will certainly be guided by the midwives and of course you ladies Very Happy

There are a few there a few other ladies due their twins before us as well hun, so maybe we can see how they go and what they recommend x
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
lucyat wrote:
hiya jenna, they are really good at the minute, at last both are crawling rapidly pulling up on furniture sitting down cruising!!! everything i never thought i would see them do!!!! All is good, hows ur two little cherubs? x

Aww thats great, they will be giving you plenty exercise lol Very Happy Liam and craig are good. Liams walking, in fact almost running lol, Craig isn't which is a shame, he bum shuffles but the paediatrician isnt concerned at this stage as bum shufflers walk later apparently x

PENNY76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:43 am 
Post subject:
hi ladys im 29 week and 3 days i took 2 weeks al at 27 weeks and then maternity leave started 22 august my consultant say she didnt want me working past 28 weeks due my job im rehab nurse i was working 4 days week and 7.5 hour not sure i could managed to work 12 shifts.
jennie
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
PENNY76 wrote:
hi ladys im 29 week and 3 days i took 2 weeks al at 27 weeks and then maternity leave started 22 august my consultant say she didnt want me working past 28 weeks due my job im rehab nurse i was working 4 days week and 7.5 hour not sure i could managed to work 12 shifts.
jennie

Wow Penny so you have stated your MAT leave already? Have they always advised you to finish so soon or have you had an extra complications with the pregnancy. Im really not sure when to think about finishing Confused
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:04 am 
Post subject:
she told right from 12weeks that she didnt want me work beyond 28 weeks as my job physical .
im now waiting for next tuesday 11 oct when going have c/s and meet the girls cant believe all gone so fast
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:32 am 
Post subject:
PENNY76 wrote:
she told right from 12weeks that she didnt want me work beyond 28 weeks as my job physical .
im now waiting for next tuesday 11 oct when going have c/s and meet the girls cant believe all gone so fast

Ooh ive just been thinking of you and was about to send you a PM asking how youre feeling Smile

Just a few days left for you now and youre right the time has gone so fast Surprised Hope youre not feeling too uncomfortable. Will be thinking of you on your big day and hope everything goes quickly! Very Happy
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
ive kind of answered my own question really.....i have been having faint episodes quite frequently and the tiredness is really draining me. im off sick now until 29 weeks ....when il take 3 weeks annual leave then start mat leave at 32 weeks.

All the best Penny not long now xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular