Newbie Here!

Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Newbie Here!
Hi All,

I am 24, married and am hoping to conceive this year. I have complications already though as I have endometriosis and adenomyosis! I currently have the mirena coil implant in to help control the pain etc, but I am hoping to have this removed in 28 days time!!! I am just so concerned that it may take ages for me to get pregnant or worse still, I cant have children. I dont know if it makes a difference to me, but although my sister doesnt have the conditions I do, she has been trying for a baby for 4 years ;-( There isnt anything 'wrong' with her as such, just wasnt happening. After 3rd go at fertility treatment, I am pleased to say she is currently 16 weeks pregnant!!

Would love to hear from anyone, esp anyone with experience of endo/adeno!
xx
charlachica
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject: welcome
Hi I am also 24 and I also have endometriosis, we have been ttc for two months, and while evryone keeps telling me it doesnt' always happen straight away it's still a little disheartening but i am looking forward to when the day comes.

My Dr seems to beleive that the endometriosis doesn't always affect fertility, and if it does it rarely causes problems until in your late 30's. However, he will not do any test or take anything further and giving general advise until we have been trying for at least 12 months. So don't worry that you can't have babies just because you don't get caught straight away,

It seems to me that anyone I know who has sensibly avoided geting pregnant until they are ready, don't concieve straight away. Yet those who have one night stands or occasional unprotected sex get caught??? such is life i suppose.
Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply. Its scary how common endo is, yet how little most have often heard of it. Do you have anything to control your endo?? Mind was totally unbearable until I had the op last year to laser it away and have the mirena implanted. Im so nervous about having the mirena taken out and the pain coming back before I get pg. I am far too impatient to wait also!! I just want it to happen straight away! Although we are so worried about finance. I really dont want to go back to work full time (a long way off I know) but I just dont know how we could afford it if I didnt. I know everyone says you adapt and manage somehow, but I havent got a clue how!?
charlachica
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
I really wouldn't start worrying about things like finance just yet!!!! just wait for nature to take it's coarse.

I havent had laser for the endo, my most pain was when i ovulate so I was put on the pill before I was sexualy active, to stop ovulation hence the pain. I never thought about the long term consequence likel what I do now!!!! When I ovulate its really painful so we can only have the good stuff for the days leading up to it and then hope for the best!!! Again like I said the doc wont do anything until i've been ttc for 12 months. The most annoying thing is that we've talked about me coming off the pill for 12 months before I actually did it, I just thought i'd get caught strait away!! If i'd have known I had to wait i'd have just come off it, but like you we though about finance/child care and who would work part time before i even came off the pill, so like i said don't worry because you can do all the planning in the world but does it really make a difference????? hope all goes well for you and your not put through the torment of ttc for too long after you have your implant out.

Sorry for the long post went on a roll...................................
ellis
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Tigger83 and Charlachica

Endometriosis is very common these days, when I was diagnosed 10 years ago at the age of 21 no-one seemed to know what I was talking about. I am presently TTC and have been for the last 7 months. I sought help from my GP early on as I was worried like you that there may be problems. Suprisingly after 14 years of the pill the gynaecologists I was sent to reckons the endo has not worsened and is not the source of me not concieving to date. I suppose when you have a problem which can decrease your fertility you do jump to the conclusion that it has worsened. However when you read the statistics ie 80% of healthy couples take a year to concieve it makes you realise.

If you havent already I would contact your GP just to put your mind at rest if it doesnt happen straight away. Also look at the stats it makes me feel a whole lot better. To increase your chance it is suggested that you know when you are ovulating so I brought a fertility monitor. Its my first month using it so I am hoping for the best. I agree Charlachica it is very disheartening when your period comes but am very optimistic!!!!!!

Wishing you both all the luck in the world and i'll keep my fingers crossed it happens for you both quickly.

Ellis x
charlachica
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:53 am 
Post subject: thanks ellis!!!
Not this month for me but luckily I have a supportive, loving and kind fella who takes time to make me feel better when this happens, even though it must hurt him too!!!!!
ellis
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Ah sorry to hear that Charlachica, but as you said you have exactly what you need (a supportive partner). That is really important as this TTC lark can become very stressful. Try not to get too down, enjoy trying again next month!
And keep thinking It will happpen!

Ellis x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular