29 and husband has teen girls from previous marriage

amelie10
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:20 pm 
Post subject: 29 and husband has teen girls from previous marriage
Hi there, just looking for a bit of advice . My husband and i have been married for 5 years - been together for 7 and there's a bit of an age gap between us. When we first got together his children used to stay with us evry weekend and through the week but relations broke down and its been years since my husband has seen the girls. until yesterday. The youngest is now 14 and i don't really know how to be if that makes sense if contact starts up again. we don't have children of our own we had a vasectomy reversal and have been trying for a baby for past 15 months.
Its just a difficult situation. So much time has passed without phone calls or visits or anything and i want to be supportive if the girls start to make contact again but not sure I know how!
Any advice?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:20 am 
Post subject:
Just relax for a start Smile you don't have to do anything other than be yourself , teenage girls aren't that scary I've survived 3 and have another 11 going on 25 Rolling Eyes Laughing Just be guided by them , you get the good role really as you can be more of a friend to them while mum gets to be the one who says no to things and maybe sometimes take a step back and give them one to one time with their dad ,it's great they've got back in touch as i think teenage girls really need that father figure in their life xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular