Egg Donor Needed - Please Help

SShirt22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:59 pm 
Post subject: Egg Donor Needed - Please Help
I am a 23 year old married woman in desperate need of help from a wonderful selfless woman.

When i was 15 years old i underwent tests for premature menopause to which all results came back normal and therefore i wasn't given the opportunity to freeze any of my own eggs.

2 years ago i underwent the same test again. This time the results showed that i had indeed already gone through menopause and was no longer able to produce eggs myself.

Our only chance of having our own child is through egg donation. We are currently attending The Leeds Centre for Reproductive Medicine at Seacroft where we are on the waiting list for a donor but have been advised to advertise to find our own.

I am a 5ft 4" blonde and my husband is a 6 ft 4" ginger haired man so height and size does not matter to us in any way.

Can anyone please help?
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
I'm really sorry to hear what you've been through Sad

Are you on the waiting list with the NHS or are you doing this privately?

I am just about to donate my eggs through the egg share programme and I know there are a lot of other ladies out there willing to do the same. Have you been on Altrui website? This is a website dedicated to advertising for egg donors, I've heard it's a great place to find donors fairly quickly. There is a fee for the service but I'm not sure how much I'm afraid.

The alternative is a known donor, do you have a cousin or sister that may be willing to help? There is a lady on here currenty preg through her sister's kindness. I've seen on other forums many other ladies doing ivf with a relatives eggs too.

I want to wish you the best of luck and hope you find someone soon. xx

SShirt22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your kind message Smile its really reasuring to know that there are people willing to help in any way possible.
We are currently on the waiting list at the Leeds Centre for Reproductive Medicine at Seacroft so are hoping to go through the nhs. We would love to go private but financially it isnt an option for us Sad

I do have a younger sister but she isnt old enough to be able to help at the moment and even so, she has a heart condition so will struggle through pregnancy herself if it is even an option to her. I think its fair to say our family have been dealt a few bad cards lol.

Ive not heard of the website but will definatly look into it and hopefully it will help us along our way. Thanks for your message and ill let you know how we progress from your help Smile

Kind thoughts x
indeannaa
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm 
Post subject: Egg donation
Let me introduce myself. I am 30 years old and have 3 children, ages 2, 4, and 6. I am 5' 6" tall, have dirty blonde hair and green eyes. Growing up, I excelled academically and athletically. I have a Bachelor of Nursing degree and graduated "with great distinction". What brought me to this site- I work in an NICU and I have a parent right now that used egg donation and her story has really inspired me to help someone else. I live in Calgary, but would be willing to travel for harvest. I have 100% drug coverage through my employer. Please message me if I could be of assistance. Good luck on your journey, Deanna (indeanna21@hotmail.com)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular