Rant Room!!

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Never been in your situation re. mc and all that so cn't coment there, BUT......
totally with you wondering why some people fall pg without even trying and there's ppl like us who wait years. Hmm

Hope you feel better soon. xx
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Kaz Smile This is going to sound awful, but there are so many people 'falling' pregnant who are on benefits, not in a relationship blah blah blah, who just seem to fall pg and get on with it and end up being able to afford everything they need without working for it.

It took us a while to conceive our 1st, and we have considered long and hard how having another will effect us financially, and we are ale to take the plunge, but nothing is flippin' happening. Yet those who have no consideration for such musings, it just happens for, click their fingers and they are up the duff Shocked Just feeling sorry for myself and everyone else who are wishing and hoping too Aaarggh

Just scoffed a cheery bakewell tart in 30 seconds flat too, I'm going to end up the size of a house soon, but minus the baby Shocked xxx

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Doesn't hurt to have a little comfort treat when you're feeling down - just not all the time.

I have had similar thoughts myself about those it just happens for. Chin up. We'll get our wish one day. xx
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am 
Post subject:
It is so frustrating to get a negative pregnancy test, especially after you have tried everything! grrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
miska85
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 am 
Post subject: i never thought it would be this hard.....
I've never spoke to anyone about this. I've been married for 8 months-i never thought about babies but recently its all i can think about. My biggest fear is that i can't give my husband(who is desperate for kids)a child. i've had laser treatment for cervical cancer and had little or irregualar periods for 2 years-finally spoke to my doctor, she has sent me for ovulation tests on the 21st day of my cycle-is this normal?!
everyone tells me not to worry about it but its so hard when all my friends seem to get pregnant instantly-i really feel because i want it so much that it won't happen.

i hate to ask but if anyone has any advice i would welcome it xx
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:46 am 
Post subject:
Hi miska85 and welcome to AskBaby

I'm sorry I can't advise on your particular situation, but it's good that the GP has listened to your concerns and getting you tested. Hopefully then you'll get the answers you want. Day 21 is the right day to check for ovulation if you have a normal 28 day cycle. If your cycles are very irregular like you say, then day 21 might not give you accurate results.

If you create a new post with your question you might get more answers than using this thread (I usually forget to check this bit Embarassed )

Good luck and keep us updated. Everyone on here is really friendly and helpful.

xx

liljenz1991
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 pm 
Post subject: Feeling incredibly useless
Hi everyone,

this is my first time using a forum, i was recommended by a friend who said she received amazing support, im hoping someone can help me too!

Basically my partner and i have been trying for a child for 8 months now, and i know thats not long compared to some, but i must say i am now truly starting to understand u ladies frustrations.
I am a little overweight but nothing major and my doc insists that it will not affect my chances of conceiving, the problem is my db is very closed on his emotions at times, and i just feel a bit like i am in this alone, as i am riding the rollercoaster that is ttc, he keeps telling me just to chill when every month my period comes i feel like i am falling down an endless pit, that i cant climb out of! He keeps saying 'oh it will happen, when it happens' but now its been a while i am getting really rather down about it and he doesnt seem to understand why, i am starting to feel really useless like its never going to happen, and all my friends on social networking sites are posting pics of their baby scans, which is horrible as most of them never wanted to be pregnant and had an accident, i want it so bad that i feel its starting to take over my life, and i am starting to feel like know one understands!!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies, just cant seem to see the so called light at the end of the tunnel xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 am 
Post subject:
I think most men are like that when it comes to trying for a baby , my OH used to drive me nuts saying ah well maybe next month Rolling Eyes
I think they just don't notice the time its taking as much as we do, as we have all the hormonal changes going on and are the ones getting our hopes up every month only for the witch to show up and dash your hopes Sad
I'm sure a lot of women will understand that you're feeling like its taking over your life, I think it does when it doesn't happen quickly , I was trying for 2 and a bit years and I found the bit between 6 months and a year was the worst , and people will often say to you well it can take a while and anything up to a year isn't unusual, and thats true Confused but it doesn't help at the time, not when each month can feel like a year Rolling Eyes .
Sometimes a break can help ?
Maybe tell yourself you're not trying now until after Christmas and try to forget about it for a few weeks and just enjoy some time with your partner doing normal things , a surprising number of women on here finally got pregnant either just when they had a break or when they'd given up or been referred for IVF etc. so it does seem like relaxing and trying to take your mind off it can help Question Good luck xxx
liljenz1991
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject: Thanks
Thanks for the reply DL05, we have tried the break thing, and i do try to forget about it and just relax, but as u all know its hard just to switch off. I have however just been trying to 'enjoy the practice' whilst trying to conveive, however it doesnt help that when i went to my doc and told him i was trying to conceive and was telling me that i would probably fall pregnant in the first 3 months, which obviously didnt help, cause when that didnt happen, my mind went into over time, i know it does take roughly a year at least for most couples to be successful, but as its 8 months its getting closer to year and i cant help thinking that there is something wrong with me, or perhaps him, and if there is i know we can get help etc, but it would ruin me, i would be so upset, because in my life i seem to be the one, where its oh, gonna happen to me again is it, all my friends get it easy then i seem to get the short straw!

I am trying to remain positive, although i do have a question, i have a tilted womb, will that effect my chances? My doc has advised certain positions, which myself and partner have been doing. But i am curious as to whether a tilt has given people any problems? xxx
dlovebabiest
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
It is starting to become a chore! I am not sure if we are doing everything we should!! grrrr
Amymel86
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
Another BFN yesterday - really really want a baby this year - running out of time - still hurt by 3 miscarriages so even if I do get a BFP - there's no guarantee I'll be able to keep it!

It's been 9 weeks since we had blood tests done to see if there is a cause to the MCs - still no results back!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Don't you just love when people are too self-absorbed to have any sympathy!

Was talking to my friend at work today who is aware of the issues we've been having about my husband's SA coming back dodgy again.

Anyway, she's got a new bloke on the scene and having not wanted children she's suddenly interested in having them(and he's VERY interested). They're not trying-they've only been together a month.

And she turns round and says: "At least you're only 28, I'm 32 and only been with my bf for a month".

Clearly no support from that direction!
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Never posted in here before but feel the need to let off some steam................

Have been very chilled about TTC (lots of what will be will be) with loads of other stuff going on but just having a bad day. SSooooooooooooooooo sick of thinking, wondering, waiting, not knowing if it's going to happen or not. Feel like I can't make plans, feel like there's no bl**dy point in anything.

A friend asked me this morning "So how's the trying for a baby thing going?" and I wanted to say how does it look like it's bl**dy well going? But of course I didn't and just said well I've got a few distractions at the moment... didn't know what else to say.

Sorry no one needs to reply I'm just having a bad day.

x
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies. yea im having a tough time too wit # 2 lol. its annoying but keep tyrning. n take pre natal they help alot. im taking mine n so far looks promising. but ima kep you posted in my forum TTC again
number 2. so hoprfully i get good news. baby dust to every one
Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
Maybe haven't been trying as long as a lot of ladies and my daughter is beautiful Sad but she needs a sibling and I'm desperate for another baby my partner has epilepsy and has had multiple surgeries on his rig cage, I don't understand how but I was told both of them can cause infertility, to top it off 2 months ago my sister in law announced shes pregnant and today I found out its a boy I just want to scream!, I am so jealous because she is such a nasty lazy moo bag and treats my brother in law like [*CENSORED*]! It's just not fair!!! Crying or Very sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to:  

Community

Popular