Exact date I got pregnant!

pre22ll
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:28 pm 
Post subject: Exact date I got pregnant!
Hi all,
I need a help in regards to the date I conceived, my last period was August 15 2014, I had unprotected sex with my partner all through after my period on the 18th till 25th of august, I traveled and meet my ex had unprotected sex with him on the 31st once, and today my doctor confirmed me pregnant, am extremely confused I don't know who the father of my baby is am so ashamed of myself now.
Please help me!!!
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
First off how long are your cycles usually? and when was your period due?

Last edited by nutty1 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Actually looking at those dates its not even been 4 weeks yet since your last period :/ So Im surprised its already confirmed by a doctor. If it has indeed been confirmed by a doctor then I dont think it could be your ex husbands as you only had sex 9 days ago.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
If you had your bloods taken which im guessing you did then they can detect a pregnancy 3-4 days after implantation which all up is earliest 9+ days after intercourse. It takes 6-12 days for a fertilized egg to implant so when i add up your dates to now then its been 10 days, so the intercouse with your ex fits too... (just!)

Ask your doc when they think you possibly conceived by the results (if you had bloods) then you should know a possible answer Wink

OR you can wait for a ultrasound soonish so they can measure things and tell you how far you are and you can work out the dates yourself and count back on the egg being released, fertilized, travelling time, implants etc hope im not confusing you but TO ME it could be eithers baby at the moment.. i could be wrong but i think the maths works out..

Goodluck!!
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:13 am 
Post subject:
Thanks all, @ nutty1,my period is due for 13th of this month and my cycle is 29days.
I had blood test done at the hospital because I had to go for x-ray, that was when the doctor confirmed it.
I am really grateful everyone for your time,I had no idea I would get all these warm feedbacks from you all. I hope my answers can give you more ideas on how to help me. Thanks.
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 am 
Post subject:
Your welcome!! Very Happy

By your cycle and when women ovulate..., heres what im thinking:::
15 aug- your first day of period,
Ovulate- around 30th (they say women ovulate 2 weeks prior to period)
31st- you had sex with ex
Eggs live for up to 12-24 hours SOO it could of been the time you were ovulating and very possible your exs sperm caught your egg since you last had sex with partner till 25th and sperm lives for 3-5 days SOMETIMES 7 SOO hopeing your partners got to the egg first or it may have died in 3 days and your exs would of been alive for that long to make it to your egg and past ovulation till that died.. Know what i mean?? so really, i dont think you will know till you take a DNA test while pregnant, its the only way to be sure cause either way you would of had both parties sperm waiting round. Hopefully you ovulated earlier than 2 weeks prior to period for your sake.

My egg got fertilized neally spot on time (14days) prior to period and now we have baby #2 on the way Wink

Bet you wont do that again!!! Laughing
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Thanks xxSnooksxx, you sure right I won't do that again, I will be going back to the doctor to confirm my due date,but a friend of mine calculated it and it came to 22nd of may 2015, I am guessing if I get a medical confirmation maybe it will help. Thanks all the same. I did learnt my lesson in a hard and delicate way.😢
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:17 am 
Post subject:
What were your hcg levels given its so early on? I think you're going to have to do a DNA test once baby is born to determine who's the daddy. Though I would edge more to it being your ex's
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
I'm thinking it's possibly your exes, unless you ovulated earlier in your cycle. You will have a better idea when you have a scan. These things happen as a friend of mine has a now teenage daughter and she to this day isn't sure if it's her husbands or her friends!! Hope the pregnancy goes well and them have a DNA test when baby is born.

Life throws us curveballs sometimes, you just have to catch them as best you can!

Good luck with it all !
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks a lot am so grateful.
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
http://www.babycenter.com/400_can-i-get-a-paternity-test-while-im-pregnant-for-my-unborn-c_1880425_287.bc

Check that site out Wink You can get a DNA while your pregnant and think you just need the possible fathers blood and it gives you a 99% accuracy.. I wouldnt do it till second trimester if i were you tho just incase you have a miscarriage from it, even tho its very slim still.. i wouldnt even bother about the measurements etc from a ultrasound or getting the doc to confirm the due date to calculate it cause you had sex not long inbetween eachother and due dates arent exact and babies grow at different rates and even if you get a exact measurement etc eg 4w3days it dont matter cause the egg could of taken longer or shorter to implant so you wont possibly know but the DNA will give you the best accuracy there is for you. Costs a fair bit but your baby deserves to know who the real father is, and if i were the father id like to know if it were mine etc you get the drill lol

Good luck to you sweets and hope all sails smoothly for you! x x
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks all for the replies, I have appointment with the doctor on Tuesday, I just hope I will be getting more pleasant news. Do have a lovely weekend everyone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular