ttc after depo....

wiggy1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:21 pm 
Post subject: ttc after depo....
Hi all.
Sooo my last depo was due July 15th. Iv been off it 2 months and still no sign of a period. I know it can take time to get out of your system but i was really hoping something might have happened by now. Anyone else concieved quickly after depo? Or does it take ages? Id been on it 2.5 years.xx
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Smile
I wasnt on the depo but i had the Implanon in my arm 3 times over the years and it took me the 3rd month to get a bfp with baby #2 Very Happy

Hopefully you get preggas soon! goodluck
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
I've only had one depo shot and after constantly bleeding for months it then stopped. I got my first proper period in July (7months after first shot). I then had 2 weekly cycles and I'm hoping things have now calmed down.
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
I was on depo 6 months (had 2 shots) and it took 18months to get out my system Confused

When I came off the pill it only took 8 weeks! Everyone is different, some take longer some take a lot less time but please don't stress, it is very normal for it take a while... it will happen Smile x
Hevz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi wandering if any on has any advice we Ttc had a positive ovulation test on 10th sep done another ov test wich was neg does this mean my eggs been released Sad forgot to mention neg test was 14th sep sorry
gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:09 am 
Post subject:
Hey Wiggy my last depo was given in April last year (which i had 2 in total).. I have only just had my first AF afte not having it (literally last week) so its took me a while now ive got to wait til its regular and im ovilating which could be a good few months. I personally will never go on it again!!
However it all depends on the person my mums been on it 10+ years and as soon as she doesnt have it she starts spotting..
Good luck with it all hope it doesnt take you long to concieve Smile
Xxx

hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Wiggy,
It took a good 6 months before I got my period back after finishing the depo. After the first AF it was quite regular tho so there is hope, it just takes a while!
I knew we would be TTC in the near future so decided to go back on the pill for a while to regulate things which was a good move. I know what you mean about messing with your system, it's not good if you want to get pregnant soon after stopping it!
Xx
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.
Thankyou for replying. Guess we will just have to wait and see! Still no signs.x
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry I've finally just had a 24 day cycle, so nearly 10 months after my first shot it's definitely settling down. I had very long cycles before so things seem to be better now. I even knew when I ovulated too!!!

Although, I will say that Ive lost weight to get it out of my system because it stores in your fat cells!
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
I never knew that!! That it stored in your fat cells! Gosh..
Im also losing weight which im assuming that this is the reason i have had AF back..
Xxx

bunny79
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
I came off the depo in December last year not in a rush to ttc again. It's taken until July to regulate cycles back. It is good but I also found it dropped my sex drive. I can tell I've ovulated the last couple of months. Good luck it will happen let t work out your system before pressuring yourself. X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular