Adoption Q - can anyone help?

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 am 
Post subject: Adoption Q - can anyone help?
Hi ladies, I just wondered if anyone themselves are adopted or have adopted a child that might be able to help me please?

I'm about to start IVF and I am sharing my eggs with another lady annonymously & I have to write a 'pen picture' for the donor child to read when they are 18 and I really want to get it right & don't want them to have any unanswered questions.

A lot of people have said the child may have similar feelings to those that are adopted in terms of wanting to know where they came from and I just wanted to know what things were important to you to know about your roots as you grew up?
I've been told about the obvious, such as education, beliefs, etc but are there any other things, maybe the little things like maybe you are artistic whereas the rest of the family isn't & you always wanted to know whether that came from your birth parents perhaps?

If you are a parent, what things might have helped you? Or what do you see your child may need to know as they get older?

Any ideas most welcome as I'm really struggling to know what to write & it needs to be done this week, you're welcome to pm me if you prefer. Thanks so much! xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 am 
Post subject:
God i wouldnt know where to start so im not much help but just wanted to tell you that you're amazing xx
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Same here hon, can't offer any advice but wanted to wish you all the best with this cycle xxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
yer i wouldnt no what to write either. but think ur rite to put down if you have any talents as the child may wonder were their talents have come from.

XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
im sure there is a lady in the adoption forum who was starting to look for her birth parents? maybee take a look and ask her what kind of things she would want to ask?

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
found it for you x

http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=111241

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
I wasn't adopted but fostered but can imagine that I had a lot of the same questions. So I've tried to adapt the questions to more adoption situations:-

1. Why did you want to do it.
2. Are there are sayings or traits that have passed down the family even if you haven't known someone, ie a saying that say a great gran would have said
3. What other siblings do I/could I have
4. How did you feel knowing you might never meet me?
5. What did you like do to as a child, teenager, adult

Actually quite hard transferring between the two Laughing

Good luck, xxx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much ladies Smile Thank you Trace for your help, some great things to think about.
Number 4 is a good one actually, even though I am donating annonymously and more than likely not going to meet any children that are born from my eggs, it's def food for thought as I'm sure I'm going to wonder about them over the years.....
I have to do a goodwill message as well as a pen picture, so I think that will be a good one to in include with that.

Thank you xx

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 am 
Post subject:
hey hun,im adopted and i know pretty much all i need to know about the reasons behind my adoption, the one thing i will say is be completely honest and open from as early on as you can, i have had to fight through lies to get the truth about my adoption and ended up being hurt even more than if i was told the full truth from the start, if you want any help or advice feel free to pm me x
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:18 pm 
Post subject: Adoption
Contact nkwentia@ymail.com if you are interested in a private adoption . My husband and I adopted from them .

Britta
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular