120 biscuits

Spuunionnn
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 pm 
Post subject: 120 biscuits
I can't take credit for this recipe, I found it on a facebook page called "Stay at Home Mum - The Secret to Living on One Wage." Even though I do not meet that criteria yet they have a whole heap of money saving suggestions and things like that. This is meant to make 120 biscuits for $4.

Make over 120 cookies for just $4.00! This fantastic basic cookie recipe is terrific value, makes loads and has lots of room for variations:

500g margarine
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup sugar
5 cups self-raising flour

Cream sugar and margarine. Add condensed milk and flour. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and press down with a fork. Place on greased trays and bake in moderate oven until golden brown (approximately 10-15 minutes).

Before baking I divide the mixture into five and add the following ingredients for different flavoured cookies:
1.Chocolate chips and glace cherries (chopped)
2.Cornflakes and sultanas
3.Hundreds and Thousands
4.Jam drops
5.Milo and coconut

You could add any number of other things like Rice Bubbles, Smarties, nuts, cinnamon and other spices and so on. The raw mixture can be frozen in balls, just thaw slightly before baking.

From this one batch we made 123 cookies and by my calculations using the cheapest possible ingredients the whole batch cost just over $4.00 to make!

Shadowfax
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
That's amazing! Can't wait to have a go, fairly gutted that I just used my tin of condensed milk now...
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 am 
Post subject:
Its very good. I will use it. I think it will be very tasty
helenmoore
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for sharing such an amazing info. I shall surely use the recipe. I and my DH love having cookies.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular