Sleepovers

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:48 pm 
Post subject: Sleepovers
Hi all

Sorry, long time no speak. Busy with working full time and so therefore any spare time is spent with the kids Smile

Anyway, Oliver has asked if he can have a sleepover with his friend. They were both 4 in July. I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable with him staying at his friends. I mean he's lovely and so is his mum but they aren't family and the kids are very young. I'd also be a bit scared of caring for another persons child of that age. Am I being silly? I guess I am sort of answering my own question as I'm obviously not comfortable but what are your thoughts? Should I just get over it and go for it or are they too young? If I do do it. Do they top and tail or do I put one of them on an air bed? Ooh the pressures of school age children!

Thanks
Terri xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
I think 4 is too young. My daughter was 7 when she went on her first and to be honest they are a pain in the bum. They don't sleep etc..I didn't realise boys did the sleepover thing too!
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
I probably wouldnt do a sleepover until about 6 or 7.

I might consider letting her stop at my friends house now as she has got a daughter a few years older and the kids have grown up together.

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Evie talks about having a sleepover - and even told her nursery teacher that she and a friend had one... she will be 4 in January. I also will wait until much older, like 29. Or 7 at a push Rolling Eyes

xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
I've had my cousins little girl over (she and Isobel are both 3) and Isobel has stayed at their house. Izzy loved it and I didn't mind having Sofia but I've known her since she was born. You're right, they didn't sleep well and were cranky in the morning but I'd do it again at some point. I'm not sure how I'd feel if it was a friend rather than family!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular