I'm starting ivf sept 2011 anyone else??

Tbag33
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Hope everything is going well for you all. Just noticed this forum and thought I'd join as it's nice to talk to people who are experiencing the same - plus I haven't told anyone so its good to be able to talk, haha.
I have been on the burserelin injections for 3 weeks now, started them on day 21 of my cycle on 11th September and started the Oestrogen tablets on Thursday (29th).. felt ok, have had a few headaches and also keep getting some pains here and there in my joints weirdly Surprised but other than that seem to be ok. It also itches after the needle a bit and there is a little hard lump, but it really isn't too bad, more of a sting which I think is just the fluid going in. I also noticed that mumof3 seems to have started the drugs around the same time, so hope this is going ok for you too Smile
I am just hoping now that the lining of my womb will be thick enough next Thursday to arrange for my frozen embryo transfer. This is our second go at ivf, we tried in 2006 and it did work, but unfortunately I had a miscarriage early on.
I had 10 embryos frozen and am going to be thawing 5 of them out and hopefully they will pick the best two to put back Smile
I already have a gorgeous son, who I conceived naturally, who is 13 next week :0) and my husband and I would love to give him a brother or sister Laughing
I had 2 ectopic pregnancies in 2004 and had to have both my fallopian tubes removed, therefore, I can no longer conceive without help. The last attempt of ivf, I think I wasn't in the right frame of mind and was quite negative. I am feeling a bit more positive this time around, so I am hoping this will rub off on the outcome Smile
Anyway, I would love to chat to any of you and listen to your experiences, so if you want to talk, please post Cool All the best, Kelly Very Happy
mum0f3
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:33 pm 
Post subject: xLJx
hi xLJx, Well things went wrong for me and ivf was cancelled. but restarting 7th oct.
What has hosp said about uping the gonal f?
Hope everything is going ok. Let me know your ok hun.
Speak soon xx
mum0f3
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:43 pm 
Post subject: hi teabag33
hi teabag33, Hows things? unfortunatly my ivf was cancelled but I'm starting again 7th october.
Whats happening with you now, are you waiting for thursday to see if lining ok?
I'm glad your feeling more positive, was thinking myself If your positive if that actually alters the stress we put on ourselves and contributes to a better outcome.
Wishing you all the best.
keep in touch.
xx
xLJx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 pm 
Post subject: Re: xLJx
Hi went this morning at 8.00 for a scan they only saw 4 follicles on the right side and left side still missing lol They have moved it forward till this wed 5th for the egg retrieval as the follicles were big They only reduced todays gonal f till 75iu had to take the ovitrelle injection to night wasn't a nice feeling that one.Have to stop taking the spray now.I have read some people get 20 follicles I dont have that many hope it works Smile I will let you no x Good luck for your next cycle x
mum0f3
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:45 pm 
Hiya xLJx, Strange your left ovary not showing up, but hey ho.
Dont worry about only having 4 folicles, as they sound good quality being large.
Plus it only takes one!
I've got all this to go through so maybe I'll be asking you advice soon enough.
Much love and luck to you huni xxxx
xLJx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:13 pm 
Everything went ok today they only got 3 follicis took about 20mins was a bit sore They gave me pain relief through my arm you just feel a bit groggey but more relaxed :)Then you go to recovery for about an hour. Have to phone at 10.15 in the morning to see if it has worked if it has fingers crossed i go in on friday.Am hoping for a miracle xx Still couldnt find my left ovary Sad Will keep you updated xx
mum0f3
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 am 
Hi xLJx, Well done you've got so far. I'm hoping i get as far as you have, because so much can go wrong before the stage your at. I'm nervous now with you saying about pain relief lol, what a wuss.
Well I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you huni.
I'll be here If you need me xxxx
Tbag33
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mumof3, so sorry to hear your ivf was cancelled Sad Have you started treatment again today? How did it go? I have got another scan tomorrow morning to see if the lining of my womb has thickened up, so fingers crossed it will have. If it has, then hopefully they can give me a date next week for my frozen embryo transfer Smile I will let you know how it goes. When will you have to go back again now? Keep in touch and thanks for your reply. Hope things go well for you tomorrow too xLJx Smile xx
xLJx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:08 pm 
Thank-you x Hi mumof3 hows it going did you start your treatment to day? the pain relief is good makes you very relaxed I was very nervous actually shaking like a leaf The doc said the key is to relax yourself as its easier for doc to do his stuff.Anyway phoned at 10,15 to see what made it ONLY 1 MADE IT so i go tomara at 3.00 I had a wee cry this morning.Cant believe its all happened so fast The doc said it only takes 1 so am going to take it easy the next few weeks. I have stopped smoking 8 months now so hopefully that helps. This is my 1st IVF on the NHS. Thankyou Tbag33 How did your scan go ? goodluck for the transfer hope all go's well xx Smile
mum0f3
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 pm 
Hi xLJx, how are you feeling after fridays appt? and now its the dreaded two week wait!
Well I started my injections friday but I'm struggling to get the needles in. I'm really pushing and leave a dent but it doesnt go in. I was wondering if there are any finer needles I could use.
Hope your feeling ok.
Sending you sticky glue xx
xLJx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
Hi Am feeling good just a bit swollen in the tummy think its just with everything going on. The needles i had came with the pre filled pens i just twisted them on i done it in my tummy area about 3 finger tips away from the belly button it went in no probs there didnt even feel anything i just pushed it in slowly.. were abouts are you doing it? are you using gonle f aswell? i think the needles come standard x
mum0f3
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am 
Hi xLJx, Hows it all going? better than me i hope.
I just had down regulation scan and was told I have a cyst which may need draining and lining is 8mm so looks like ill be DR'ing a lil longer.
I'm really on a downer now, been thinking its just all going to go wrong.
Thinking of you xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular