speech

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:13 am 
Post subject: speech
Has any1s prem baby behind wiv speech.

Georgia is 20 months and can say hiya, dad, get out (to the dog). And the dogs name tyson and bye and cya. So she can say around 6 words but shes been able 2 say most of these since bout 12 months in the last 8 months she has learnt cya and tyson all the other words she har known since 12 months.

But most she dusnt say anything and just screams at top of her voice.

She recently failed her hearing test so her delay in speech cud b due to her hearing.

She is currently on the waiting list for speech and language they said the waiting list was 10 weeks long and weve currently been waiting just over 4 weeks.

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:52 am 
Post subject:
i know Kieran wasn't prem, but i know how horrible the waiting is Sad Georgia says more than Kieran, he ses dadada and gone lol.
did u post before saying she needed gromets? do u know when that will be done?
i know not quite the same but my sister is deaf (from birth) so i understand a lil of how their lack of hearing causes speech delay, hope she gets to see S&L soon Smile x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:21 am 
Post subject:
She has to hav her hearing retested in sept if she fails agen then she will need gromets and presume that wud take a few months to sort.

Dus kieren try 2 communicate tho and indicate things he wants?

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:38 am 
Post subject:
not really just cries n has tantrums, its more of a guessing game to work out what he wants Rolling Eyes lol
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:42 am 
Post subject:
yer same here lol.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Both my boys are behind i would say but particularly liam. Craig has started trying to say a few words to copy me but liam only does the usual mamama, baba ,dada and other than that he just makes high pitched noises to show excitement, etc. Getting worried but they will be seeing their paediatrician at the hospital on 12th of august so will be asking him if there is no improvement.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
yer Georgia sees her paedatrician on 18th Aug so i will b doin the same.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 am 
Post subject:
has her review with the consultant and was hoping we would get signed off but knew deep down we wouldnt.

so the peadetrician is keeping georgia under consultant care for the forseable future. and thinks her lack of speech/communication may indicate autism or something of that nature.

she had first speech and language assesment the other week and the speech therapist said she is behind and we have to get her communicating first and then wait for speech to follow so i have to teach her signs for things. and speech therapist will visit every week to help with signs.

also her pead has reffered georgia to portage scheme which make sure a child is recieving all the help they need and may be able to offer georgia a nursery place when shes 2 to help her catch up by the time she is ready for school nursery or school and then will be able to help if she needs any help in school.

but on the plus side the doc sed shes doin great with her walking and is very impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular