disneyland paris.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 am 
Post subject: disneyland paris.
whos been to disneyland paris?

were wanting to take the kids next march but have a few questions.

my mil says it cost them 70 for burger and chips for 4 of them? that cant be right can it?

were going to travel by eurostar coz flying is too expensive. but the eurostar takes 6hrs 39 mins in total. we would need to get the train to darlington which would probs take about 10 mins then get the eurostar from there and then we would travel 2hrs 48 mind to london were we woudl stop for 49mins then we would travel 1hr 20 mins to lille eurpoe and stop there for 34 mins then it would be an hour and 8 mins to disneyland.

at first i thought 6hrs 39 mins on train that too long for kids to be on the train but with the stops maybe it will be ok? anyone done anything similar to this? how did u find it?

p.s kids found the dienyland brochure this morning and were looking at it.... i sooo wanna take them now lol.

its going to cost 550 to stay for 2 nights and our travel so on top of that only need to pay for food and anything we get there.

ClairaBell
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Hi laura, I have never been, but we are going in about 7 weeks.

We have done things slightly different to you.

We have rented an apartment for the week 5 mins drive from the Disney parks. This has cost us about 650 for the week. We are also driving ourselves and getting the ferry from Dover to Calais. We are having to get our park tickets ourselves, and our food, but for a full week abroad that includes Disney I don't think we have done too bad. You can also search other sites for reduced disney park tickets. I was doing that yesterday. x Very Happy
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:35 am 
Post subject:
hi claire.

ill look out for your post when you get bak to tell me what its like.

we dont have a car so we dont have the choice to drive but think that wud be too stressful as our kids are a nightmare when driving.

so ur going for the full week?

ive just been looking at going for 3 nights instead of 2 and that wud cost 660 so extra 110 or extra night.

ClairaBell
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 am 
Post subject:
We are going for the week because of renting the apartment.

I think if we had opted to stay at Disney we would have gone for less time. x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:41 am 
Post subject:
yer i get what you mean.

how old r ur step kids claire? bet there looking forward to it.

ClairaBell
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:43 am 
Post subject:
The kids are - girl 17, boy 15 and girl 11, so they are older and are really good travellers. They don't have travel sickness at all, and all 3 of them love to sleep. Laughing Well, when they are at ours it takes them all their time to get up in a morning. xx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 am 
Post subject:
I havent been personally but a friend of mine went last year with her 2 kids and hubby and did comment on how expensive things were.

I don't think it really would cost 70 for burger and chips but when you add drinks, desserts etc then maybe it does start to add up. Plus the euro exchange is rubbish at the mo so you bascially just gettin the same for your money. Once your actually in the park with your tickets then everything park wise will be free plus when your looking at accomodation is is possible to look for something all inclusive or half board? That way all your meals (not yuor lunch if you go half board) will already have paid for so you wont have to worry about forking out in restaurants.

I'm mega jealous BTW!! Went to Florida with my OH 5 years ago and can't wait to go with LO but with our budget ATM it defo won't be for a while yet (which might not be a bad thing anyway as I want her to be able to enjoy and remember it all).

xx
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:55 am 
Post subject:
yes i think shes exagarrating to say burger and chipd cost 70 for all of them more fool them for paying it. i wud have rather starved lol.

yer ive looked at he half board options. u got breakfast included in the accomadation and can opt for evening meal for 150 for 3 nights but you do get starter, main, desert and 1 drink so not too bad really!!!

yer we were wanting to do disneyland florida but its too far for kids to travel i think and too expensive for us at the moment. and want the kids to be older for that too enjoy the rides etc.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:06 am 
Post subject:
Yea I defo think the time it takes to get there and the cost involved means Florida is defo a trip to do when the kids are old enough to really enjoy it. Plus can you imagine anything worse than a 9 hour flight with a toddler? Jeez I'd be chucking mine out the window Laughing

The half board option sounds great, 150 for your meals for the 3 nights will prob work out a lot cheaper than if you went somewhere out to eat coz you'll prob spend more than 50 quid each night on meals for 4 and drinks etc (then the kids are bound to want ice cream Wink ).

If you've paid for the evening meal then that gives you a bit of freedom in the day to get snacky stuff like hot dogs etc for lunch. You'll have a great time, one thing I've always been curious about tho is whether Mickey says hello with a french accent in Euro-Disney haha!

xx
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:12 am 
Post subject:
ill have to let you know about the french accent thing lol.

well the eurostar takes 6hrs 30 mins so not that far off travelling to florida lol.

only thing is u can only book the eurostar 90 days in advance so will need to book disney tickets and hotel now as they have offer on then wait to book eurostar in january and hope its ok price.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 am 
Post subject:
mite book sometime this week.

have got 3 nights in hotel 4 days tickets, halfboard so breakfast and dinner are included and u can eat most places in the park or at the hotel and transport for 800.

so means we probs wouldnt need to spend much only on snacks really.

im all excited but would have something like 28 weeks to wait im gonna be worse than the kids lol.

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
We went at Easter and it was brilliant!!! We stayed at one of the disney hotels. It included buffet breakfast, so we just smuggled some rolls etc out with us, which we had for lunch, everyone was doing it! We also took loads of snacks with us as it is that type of thing that really adds up. Also take an empty water bottle with you as there are loads of water fountains etc to fill them up and it will save you a fortune in drinks. The food there is expensive, but no where near 70 for burger and chips! We made the decision that we weren't going to go for sit-down meals, but just survive on takeaways etc there, as the sit down meals can be expensive. The buffets are meant to be good value though.

Re Mickey's voice - Mickey doesn't speak to you when you meet him, but the other characters are a mixture of French and English! Peter Pan was very French, but all the princesses were English when we met them! A lot of the little shows, especially in the studios have showings in English and French, so you can choose one that is understandable for us!

Poppy absolutely loved it and I can't wait for our little bump to be born and grow big enough so we can go again!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanx for ur message lucky i will defintly b taking empty bottles and slipping sum rolls frm breakfast into my bag.

Brilliant that u all enjoyed it. How many days did u hav and was it enuf or did u need more less time?

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
We were lucky enough to get an inheritance, which we decided to spend some of on the holiday so didn't go for the cheapest option! We went Sunday to Thursday and we flew so didn't spend so long on travelling. The problem if you get a disney package is that included is tickets for all the days, including those you are travelling on. So if you arrive at say 6pm, that's one day of tickets effectively wasted, and if you have to leave for getting back at say 9 in the morning, you don't get benefit of that day either, so have got tickets for 2 days you never use! Hope that makes sense? Just something to look out for.

We found that length was perfect, saw everything (I think) but were pretty shattered by the end of it! I think it's the sort of place you can enjoy just as much in 2 days though. You maybe wouldn't go to the studios, just focus on the main park if you went for a shorter time? If you stay in a Disney hotel you also get extra magic hours which means you can get into the park at 8am, rather than 10am. Means you can get on lots of the big rides before the general public arrive, saved us hours of queueing!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Yer i realised that about the tickets that sum days are wasted or u just get half a day if ur traveling for the rest.

We were just planning 3 days 2 nights but thinking 4 days 3 nights will be better.

Just read about the extra 2 hours which as gd as waiting till 10am to get in park wud b a long time for kids to wait.

i gt inheritance money but after paying debts off and buying our house we only hav 550 left so anything over that we are funding ourselves.

Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular