My 3 year old boy refuses to use toilet or potty

cat786
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:00 pm 
Post subject: My 3 year old boy refuses to use toilet or potty
I have been potty training my son since he was 2 years old. He knows when he needs the toilet but just refuses to go.Their are days when he will go to the toilet and use it although their is other days where he says he is a baby not a big boy and refuses to go. He has a little brother who is only a year old and keeps saying that i need to get him to the toilet as well.I have tried encouraging him by giving praise every time he goes to the toilet as well as giving him a sticker for his bit paper he has up in the toilet and one for himself, I also give him a carrot stick for going and he seams to love getting all three but depending on the day depends on whether he will go or not. He is due to start nursery very soon and I am running out of ideas of how to get him to ask for the toilet and to actually go to the toilet after he says he needs a pee. Can anyone help?
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi Cat

Milly is similar. I am about to try this (God knows if it will work!!)

I'm just going to stop with pull ups. If she wees without using the potty/toilet, or poos, then she will be very very uncomfortable. I'm hoping that will tip the balance!! I can't think of any other way to try it tbh! Let me know if you have a better idea or suggestion Very Happy

Anna
xx
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Anna

Thanks for the advice. I stopped using pull ups on Saterday and that seams to have worked really well. The last few days we have has a few accidents. We even managed to go up the town without him having an accident. We still use pull-up for bed time but I call them bed time pants and he never askes about them at all through the day. Thanks again x

Cat
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
oooo Smile glad it worked!! I need to take a breath and do the same now

xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular