3 year old daughter who wont use the potty

megalamaniac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:13 pm 
Post subject: 3 year old daughter who wont use the potty
I have got a 3 year old daughter who will not use the potty,she is quit happy to still wear nappies. she is strting school 22nd september so i really need to try and gether out of them.
I have been told loads of things to try and get her to go it and do someting but she is not having it. I have tryed her with just nothig on (bottom), I have even bought her a 30 potty tat rewards and sings when she uses it but we till have no joy.

Any tips would be great Smile
Megmchugh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:07 am 
Post subject:
Im sorry I dont have much in the qway of advise but nephew is nearly 3 and a hlaf and still wont use the potty or toilet...He has control as he holds it all day until he gets his night time nappy and then goes and goes, fills the nappy up in no time and does a pooh too.
My son never took to the potty, we went straight to the toilet and we left it there as he was happy. I used to sit there for hours with him as he looked at books and the argos catalogue and such like, just so he got used to the toilet and sitting there and there was no pressure. He then went on his own, his 1st pooh was an accident on the toilet, and he wouldnt sit again for a bout 10 days then all of a sudden we were away, no probs.

He goes to a childminder so the other kids use the toilet and he wants to be like them, so I suppose that did help a bit.
Maybe try her on the toilet not the potty? Do a reward chart of stars or stickers. A smaller star/sticker if she sits on the toilet for a minute say, then if she does something then a bigger fancier sticker and lots of verbal praise and hand clapping etc.
If you dont have a toilet seat, get her to choose one as that may help her feel she is in control of it. I read that if you knowe your child has apooh after breakfast each day to sit them on the loo at that time and keep their nappy on at 1st, then when tehy pooh, take nappy off and put the pooh in the loo so they can see it there and move on from there.

Hope something helps.
Meg
PS my son has suddenly started staying dry again after a month of being wet 4 times a day. He can do it, just was not bothered. He has a huge sticker chart of really cool stickers and he loves to choose what sticker he gets when we get home as he has been dry ALL day!!
caz24
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
my little girl was a nightmare with the potty. Would rather wet herself than use the toilet. I refused to use nappys when she turned 3 and a half. Tried everything rewards, stickers she watched us use the toilet but she wouldnt use it herself. When she started school she saw all the other kids used the toilet and within two days she stopped wetting herself as she wanted to be the same as everyone else. Try not to worry to much they all use the toilet eventually.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject:
my daughter is turning 2 and wont use potty so cant really help hope my daughter starts using it soon tho as she will be going to nursery next year.

maybe u shud speak to health visitor get some advice?

Somersetmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter has just turned 3 and was potty trained at the age of 2 (thanks to the nursery she attends full time). However, over the last month she has regressed considerably and I've no idea why. I've read all the books and applied all the advice but she just seems to not want to use the potty or toilet. She's not so bad at nursery but as soon as I pick her up she wets herself. Of a weekend, I constantly put her on the potty and then 5 mintues later she has wet herself. I've become so frustrated that I've started telling her off - which everyone says you absolutely must not do. So today I bought a set of stickers and will make her a new reward chart and start from scratch. I've also invested in a Disney Princess pink potty-come-toilet seat. We've never had to use one of these before as previously she went straight from potty to the big toilet. I guess it just goes to show that even those of us who think we've successfully overcome the trials of potty training are not out of the woods yet!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
yer my daughter goes to nursery so im sure they will help with potty trainign but dont think she is ready yet she dont understand everything i say at the moment so its quite difficult.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular