reflux problem

wendya
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:15 pm 
Post subject: reflux problem
i have a 13 week old baby and have been told by the health vistor that she has a reflux problem as she was throwing up a little sick,crying after every feed with bad wind and when you lay her on her back would cry with pain plus her nappies really runny and bright yellow.they changed her milk to enfamil which is really thick so takes forever to feed her!also put on weight but not enough before they changed her milk.noticed big change in her more contented.changed milk on monday and she didint go to the toilet untill thursday and was slight blood in poo as strained herself going.changed her straight back to cow and gate 1 to make it easier to go to the toilet but now screaming as in pain so back to square one.what should i do?
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:27 am 
Post subject:
I would stick with the formula that is helping her reflux because the constiation problem is a lot easier to sort out. change your teats to the biggest hole, or a vari flow to make feeding easier, and give your baby small amounts (1-2oz) cooled boiled water between feeds to stop him getting constipated.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 am 
Post subject:
My LO had reflux, turned out to be dairy intolerance and a floppy muscle in the stomach, he didn't stop being sick until he was 12 months.

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular