an over-reaction I'm sure..

fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 am 
Post subject: an over-reaction I'm sure..
Hi, not too sure which section to post this in, not really relevant to the 'waiting to conceive' or the 'am i pregnant, or the 'ttc' more like 'hypochondriac over reacting'

I have never had a regular cycle (only when I was on the pill years ago) but last few months I thought it seemed to be settling into a pattern as the few previous had been around the 12th/13th of month.

Last Wednesday in the early hours of morning I woke with terrible back pain, right in the lower back, on right hand side. It was really uncomfortable, I couldn't lay still although tried to just go back to sleep for a few hours. I got up & took paracetomol, then went to toilet to find AF had made her surprise appearance! like 4/5 days earlier than when I thought she might. Never has she shown up earlier then when I thought, always later.. The back pain eventually went & managed to get some sleep. So I didn't see too much into it, AF had shown up early, had a horrible back pain and that was that.

Yesterday I was sat reading a free magazine over here in NZ called Littlies. There is an article called "10 Pregnancy Symptoms Not To Ignore". Point 1 - Bleeding...... "if any time you notice bright or dark red blood, either painless or accompanied by cramping or contraction like feelings in your abdomen or pelvis, you could be experiencing complications such as ectopic pregnancy, placenta previa, or placental abruption......" Shocked
Point 2 - Cramping... "if cramping is severe, intensifies, occurs only on one side of your abdomen, or is accompanied by bleeding you could be experiencing miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, or preterm labour"

Now... as I said above... hypochondriac... got me thinking hang on - AF wasn't really expected, it was 'painless' in the respect of not having the usual af-related stomach cramps (also I don't think I had any mood swings before it either), and when it said 'contraction like feelings' - that is how the back pain felt to me that morning. When in labour with DD I felt all contractions right in the bottom of my back. Strange how I only felt the pain on one side though, why not all the way across like when I was in labour. But then it said pain on one side of abdomen.. i felt it in my back, so it couldn't be anything like that for me. could it? AM i just seeing something that wasn't really happening just cos some of the symptoms were similar?? I probably am aren't. I can't stop thinking though. And don't feel like it's something I can discuss with DH cos he'll just think I'm being silly.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Id probably say ur reading 2 much into it but may be worthwhile taking a pregnancy test.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular