Older child refuses to Potty Train

bobster
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:32 am 
Post subject: Older child refuses to Potty Train
My son is 3 1/2 years old and still in nappies! I know he has bladder control because he is often dry in the mornings and can hold off doing a wee until he has got off the potty.

I am concerned that he may be holding on to this as something he can control because my ex wife and I split up just over 18mths ago... could this be the reason?

Anyone got any tips on encouraging him?
Katy218
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, If you and your ex wife split up that long ago and things are settled for him now then it might not be that.
I'm struggling to PT a 3 yr old too, so am probably not the best person to help, but maybe a bit of gentle persuation is needed.
Does he ever tell you if he's going? How long does he go between wee's?
If he does tell you and can go for quite a while then go for it. Try him without nappies and see how you get on.
maria815
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Did you ever get the problem sorted. Would be nice to hear what you didi in the end.
lis27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:59 pm 
Post subject: Older Boy going backwards
Hi My son is 3 and a half and he was out of nappies at just under 2 but his poos took alot longer than pees. He always had accdients but not all the time. Recently he has stopped asking to use the loo when he needs a poo and if you dont discover in time its everywhere!! His nursery at not too happy about it and made me feel like a naughty school child. But I have tried everything and he still wont tell me when he needs to go. I am now getting him to put a piece of dried pasta in a tub when he does on and if he gets to 5 he gets a treat, I will let you know how this goes. Any one got any ideas as we are running out.

Thanks
Dannytoast
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:36 am 
Post subject: Re: Older child refuses to Potty Train
My oldest boy Harry recently learned to use the toilet. My partner and I found a really fun range of products called Toiletstar.com

It's all pretty simple, a fun reward chart and stickers and a lovely story and certificate when he started to get better at it all. mnade the whole activity a bit of fun as well as being effective.

I'd really recommend it - Harry thinks he's Toilet Star now. We'll be using on our new 8 week old boy Robin when he's a bit older. Good luck anyway.

Here's the linků

www.toiletstar.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular