xmas presents

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:22 pm 
Post subject: xmas presents
both my kids have got so many toys they could start a toy shop....

so the dilemma is i hvent got a clue wot to buy them for xmas.

any help would be really appreciated. im promising there not getting much but they obviously need some presents to open for xmas morning.

StaceyRD
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
Clothes and books are other things than toys.

Or what about pictures to go on their new walls in the new house? If you were going to decorate why not wrap up things like glow stickers and little mirrors that the girls can help you put onto their walls? I've seen them alongside wall stickers in pound shops before. Or a framed picture of you all.

I'm sure a letter from Santa would be a fun gift for them too!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
thanx uve give me some gd ideas stacey.

KaBum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
StaceybumRD wrote:

I'm sure a letter from Santa would be a fun gift for them too!

Can you still write to Santa and get a reply?

I was also going to add, what about some hair things and costume jewellery or fun smellies?
StaceyRD
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
I think so! Have to Google.

To go with your suggestions too, what about a little hang bag/ backpack for them Smile

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
We are moving Poppy into a new bedroom in preparation for new baby and have decided to decorate her room sometime round Christmas, so her Christmas presents are going to be things for her new room. E.g. My mum is making her some new curtains, my Aunty is making her a laundry bag, some one else will get her a new clock, new duvet set, pictures, mirrors etc... She doesn't need lots of toys and I think she'll be just as excited to get lots of pretty fairy princess things for her room, plus a new bedroom! Plus it will save us a fortune on decorating her new room! We're keeping her old winnie-the-pooh decor in her old room for the baby!

KaBum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Luckyducky wrote:
We are moving Poppy into a new bedroom in preparation for new baby and have decided to decorate her room sometime round Christmas, so her Christmas presents are going to be things for her new room. E.g. My mum is making her some new curtains, my Aunty is making her a laundry bag, some one else will get her a new clock, new duvet set, pictures, mirrors etc... She doesn't need lots of toys and I think she'll be just as excited to get lots of pretty fairy princess things for her room, plus a new bedroom! Plus it will save us a fortune on decorating her new room! We're keeping her old winnie-the-pooh decor in her old room for the baby!

Sounds like a good plan lucky Smile
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
how about art and crafts stuff. you can get those tubs with pom poms, glitter, glue, wobbly eyes etc for about 5 in place like home bargains.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 am 
Post subject:
yer dress up costumes sound like gd idea.

can i ask how much other mums are planning to spend on their kids for xmas?

im hoping i can get away with 100 on each of them.

and to mums with more than 1 kid do u always make sure u spend the same on each of them? coz obviously they dont no and sometimes some presents cost more than others.

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 am 
Post subject:
We're getting Izzy a DVD player for the car for her birthday (which is 2 weeks after Christmas!) - anything to keep her entertained!! A friend bought her little girl a lego pack with tickets to go to Legoland, could do something similar with zoo tickets and a soft toy or something? Our house will be jammed after Christmas - everyone seems to have already decided what they are getting her so we are trying to clear space already to fit it in!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 am 
Post subject:
Similar to what's been mentioned above...you can buy animal adoption packs from charities and zoo's that send the child updates and usually come with a small gift. I think these are a great way of giving a child something whilst encouraging wider thought on the world around them. I like to "buy" people things from www.goodgifts.org.
Also, what about a little gardening pack? You could theme it with different types of seeds e.g. a herb box, a veg pack, a wildflower meadow, weird and wonderful (venus fly trap etc) and some child-sized tools in a pretty basket. Smile
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 am 
Post subject:
They've got dress up boxes in ASda for 15 at the moment with little outfits and bits in them.

Lucky I was going to do Elsie's bedroom for Xmas and that would be her Xmas Present but I got too impatient and done it in August...cost me a fortune. Regretting it now as I have to find Xmas pressies for her too lol

Here's what I am getting Elsie in case you need ideas as she seems to have more toys then a toy shop too.

A play supermarkets/food/cash etc to go with it
Disney DVDs 2 for 1 on play.com at mo
ASDA Dressing up box
Moonsand set
Ironing board and iron
New colouring set
ASDA do some art and craft things ofr 1 that Elsie loves so a few of them for stocking fillers
Peppa pig skates (GOD HELP ME) Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Seasonal Celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular