Don't know where this question should go....

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:01 pm 
Post subject: Don't know where this question should go....
Ok as most of you know I've had my baby Laughing Anyway I was not expecting AF for a few months (as I heard that was normal) so when I went for my 6 week check I got the microgynan pill again and doc said start taking on 1st day of bleed.

A few days later I started spotting so started the packet. I basically had what appeared to be a very light period for about 5 days, I asked the HV if that was ok and she said that the first one is often very light and then the next one very heavy.

So after about 5 days, it stopped and I had 2 or 3 clear days and then AF seemed to start again VERY VERY heavy and on the 2nd or 3rd day I had a huge clot come away, still 2 weeks later its still really heavy (no more clots).

Is this normal? I'll soon be at the end of the 1st packet, how did AF fo for you ladies?

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
I remember that my first 2 were very heavy. I got up one night and had to throw away my underwear after a couple of hours wear, and i was wearing 2 pads overlapped (as shown at the hospital). This was 5 weeks after I had Evie (I only BF for 10 days so I don't know if this affected it or not). That night was very clotted and lumpy, worse than after giving birth bleed 3 days in.

i read that it was very normal to be very heavy (as I too was worried), but if you were changing pads every hour for at least a day then you may be losing too much.

Hopefully others out there will have a better memory than me so may be more helpful!

xx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
I've only just had my second af (bf put it off) and both this one and my last one had two very heavy days

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
my first af started on the day of my 6 week check, and was very heavy, painful and knocked me about. I think it lasted about 10 days. i started microgynon that day, and had my next af at the end of the pack and it had gone back to pre pregnancy pill bleed of 3 light days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular