screaming when feeding.... please help :(

natalien
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:11 pm 
Post subject: all mums please read!!
hi just thought i would update you all on how george is doing... got recommended by another doctor to take george off rantidine as it wasnt reflux he was suffering with it was just colic and would go round 3-4 months he then hit 13 weeks and ended up spending a night in hospital because in a day he took 4oz and refused anymore again given rantidine and gaviscon at the same time a week or so later i noticed a ulcer (adult size) on the roof of his mouth so took him docs again told to see how it goes and if it gets worse bring him back well 2 weeks later it had showed so signs of going or getting worse so took him back and was given baby bonjela wich to be honest i didnt want to use but persevered then 2 days later he was really bad all day with his feeds i then noticed a second adult sized ulcer on the roof of his mouth! so took him docs again the next day (this time seen a different doc) who suggested he didnt think george had reflux at all and it sounded like he had been suffering with ulcers (which we had suggested numerous times to the hospital but they kept oh no it cant be that! it took for me to find them) and to take his dummy off him and move him up to the number 4 fast flow avent teets (hes a really strong sucker thank god i didnt breast feed ouch!) and take him off all the medicine and within 3 days he was guzzling down 6oz bottles within 10 minutes even went up to 7oz (but is back on 6oz now coz of horrible teething but has also started weening) and has been feeding amazing and is back to his greedy self ever since the ulcers (including the one that had been there for 4 weeks) were also go within a week and half and havent returned since and this was over a month ago we finally found wat it was causing all this pain so i beg all mums who have gone through the same as me to follow you gut instinct and if you think it might be the same thing get a small torch and search your babies mouth i am so glad i did after him suffering with this for 13 long weeks the amount of pain he must of been going through poor thing! xxx

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 am 
Post subject:
What you're discribing about George kind of sounds like what Caelan does, he feeds often and in smaller amounts then it says on the package of formula, and at the end he wriggles a lot and cries at times as well. He still feeds enough at the end of the day but is not increasing the size of his feeds as fast as my daughter did.

Then again he is quite often irritable in between feeds as well, so might not be the same. Still, I might have a check of his mouth tomorrow, you never know...

Glad George is doing better though!
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:15 am 
Post subject:
Thank u Smile yes it prob best to have a look you never no. Thing is with george the doctors would always say oh don't worry if he doesn't take much this feed he'll make up for it on his next one which he never would and would be exact the same next feed n he would have an amazing week of feeds then a really bad one like the ulcers we're re-occuring and also he would never cry between feeds and it would literally be after he had a been sucking a bottle for a few minutes as if his mouth was in pain which it turns out was the problem.

Hope this helps Smile xx

Wringle
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
We always remember that feeding, changing, and babies comfort should be the first thing to look at when baby is screaming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular