thinking about it

crazymum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:18 pm 
Post subject: thinking about it
Both my husband and I would love to be foster parents, it something we have talked about for a while but put it on the back burner as we have a 4 yr old and a 2yr old we have some conserns about how it would affect them. However, when reading the local paper my husband came accross an piece about a brother and sister who are seperated at the minute but looking for a home together and it really struck a cord with us. We have 4 spare bedrooms, a large garden and plenty of love and care to give. I have my own business as does my husband so we both work full time however I am strongly considering moving my business to my home as I don't want to be away from my children, I work 6 days a week and working mother guilt is eating me up so I think both my children and I would be happier if I were at home. I really think that now is the time to start the ball rolling and have been looking at fostering sites online, getting some positive views and some negitive, the negitive ones are worring me though. The thought of recording every conversation , recording any medicine givin just recording everything and not getting enough support puts doubts in my head, how is this going to affect my children and my relationshipn with my husband. I am a dreamer and tend to see everything through rose tinted glasses but this is a big deal for me and my family but I keep thinking of that little boy and girl being seperated. Can any1 give me insight into the whole process, how hard it was, how hard it still is and problems faced. Its easy for me to get carried away picturing this wonderful family when I really need to look at it from all angles.
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 pm 
Post subject: Fostering
Been thinking about it too. I have a two year old. Worried about how it will effect her. Have decided that it's better to leave it until she is older. How old I'm not sure.

I'm sure I could offer a good home for kids needing somewhere safe to go. A hard job though. Working with 4 kids would be hard. Even if you are working from Home. Would love to hear what you decide to do in the end.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular