which double buggy???

Meganelizabeth
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:36 pm 
Post subject: which double buggy???
very soon im gonna need a double buggy for my newborn and 11 month old (13 month when newborn arrives). im nt a strong person so needs something light weight and easy to manova. easy to get round shop doors an thru front doors as well as folding down compact enough to fit into boot. theres two thas been reccommended to me. the safety 1st tandem or the out and about 360 nipper? any advice? has any1 had either of these or can suggest one u think is better? im kind leaving this abit late has ive two months to get one :S
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Meganelizabeth
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
does it come with assories (sorry bout spelling) like footmuffs or raincovers? what about pushing round shops?
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
As I've said loads of times on here don't get the maclaren twin techno or whatever the latest model may be. They are SO heavy. I have a struggle pushing mine around and if I had the extra money I'd replace it right now.

Meganelizabeth
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
ok not a mCclaren
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
Mine is a little heavy to get in and out of the car, but is great to push when out, so light and manuveres great.
It's and out 'n' about nipper 360. x

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Ive spent hours and hours researching double pushchairs! Tandems will fit through doorways and are generally cheaper, heavier in weight and harder to push (not all but my research is showing this is the case for most tandems) Side by side are now a lot easy to manouvre and the manufacturers seem to have made quite a few lightweight and easy to fold but most wouldnt fit through shop doors (nor our front door at home!) After a lot of searching ive just ordered the Mountain buggy duet. The seats are only about 1.5cm narrower than the mini city jogger seats BUT the chassis is approx 8cm narrower and goes through doors no problem. Its so light to push, has easy fold system and is a lot lighter to lift than many others. It is quite expensive though and doesnt seem to include footmuffs or the raincover but seems really sturdy. (Ive bought the footmuffs from John Lewis for 20 each instead of paying 70 for the mountain buggy duet ones and they are much nicer Very Happy) good luck with your hunt x
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 am 
Post subject:
I have the Cosatto Owl and Pussy Cat twin pushchair

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_47_10751_-1_14561_133390_10001_14051

It is FAB! I wrote 1 of the reviews on it. its the 1st 1 (im from Chester)
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
i think the mountain buggy duet is out of my price range. thnk u anyway. and i will take a look at the cosato one. cn i fit thru ure front door??
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 am 
Post subject:
I dont think any of the side by side ones will fit through a standard house door xx
Meganelizabeth
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
im struggling so much finding the rite one...so easy wit my first single pushchair i adore it!!! im jst strugglin to find one ill b happy wit as ive only 1 chance to get this rite. an i dnt hv a massive budget. its 200-350.
AnnApple
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
If its not too late, I'd very much recommend the Out'n'about 360 double we have one and it is an absolute dream to push. Even now with a three year old and a one year old in it, it glides everywhere. Measure your front door width first because although we don't have any problems, we did go around a friends house and had to take one wheel off to get it through the door! Other than that I think it's one of the best around and the kids really seem to like it as well.
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 am 
Post subject:
might be a bit late now, but i saw someone with the m&p aria twin and at first glance it just looked like a single pushchair, so quite small, and i think you can use the car seat with it aswell for the baby

Meganelizabeth
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Jst to let u know i got the 360 out n about nipper & its a dream. I love it x
MummyG2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
My best friend has got this one:
http://www.pramsupermarket.com/compare-graco-stadium-tandem-pushchair

I've pushed it loads and it's really lightweight, plus the child in the bad gets a good view!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular