pliko pramette personal experience - sorry if in wrong place

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:30 pm 
Post subject: pliko pramette personal experience - sorry if in wrong place
I need al ittle advice, more for my childminder than me !

She is pregnant & now starting to look at buggies. she asked my advice but tbh i'm no good as i have been through at least 4 with my daughter Rolling Eyes

She likes simple, something easy to use & convert, something comfy as well. I suggested the babystyle oyster as its all that & she can pick & choose colours. She likes that but also has fallen inlove with the pliko pramette, she doesnt like the switch or the ulitma (dont ask me why lol)

She went & test drove it & says its idea, light, compact looks good BUT she has had a couple of ppl say they found it hard to steer when holding another childs hand !! This to her maybe a problem but she abolsutely loves it. I cant advise....I looked at 1 when pregnant with cody yes its light & compact & looks lovely & snug but i ended up having to think about a double.

CAn anyone advice i would be really grateful ! I;ve looked at reviews, some are really good some are not, but even though some reviews are pants, it still seems really popular so i dont know Laughing

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
I fine the buggies with 2 handles hard to steer with one hand so I think it would be quite hard for her. Plus my sister had one and it didn't last too well. I had the Mama's and Papas luna which just has the one handle bar and is so easy to steer even if you are one handed. I bought the SIlver Cross pop stroller for my daughter and ut has the 2 handles and it annoys me so much lol that I am tempted to get the Luna back out the loft just for the steering/pushing issue

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
whats what i thought i had a luna & thought it was fab !! she likes the lunas but doesnt like the idea that its not parent facing & she doesnt like the sola (which is similar) because she said the colours are gross hahaha ive looked at an oyster before out of curiosity & tbh it does look great & would be everything she needs !

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Its so hard with prams as we are all different!
I had a pliko prammette and hated it!! Didn't attach the car seat properly once and it fell off with Archie in it!

I then got a luna, as wanted a pram but didn't want a travel system after the pliko incident! still have it but not overly keen, although love the colour!

Now have a obaby atlas stroller, again does the job when I just have one child with me.

And also have an out 'n' about 360 nipper double version for when I have 2 babies with me, that is fab although heavy, and even though its heavy its so light to steer and manouvere.

A friend has the oyster and it looks great althlough only had it a month an her toddler has broke something on it already so the carrycot wont clipon properly for baby.

Its a minefield, if I had my time again I would have forked out for an icandy peach x x

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
I had a pliko and I did like it but it wasn't the lightest to move around, I never had the problem of having more than one baby so couldn't help with that. Does she want a parent facing buggy cause if she does then when you convert it to a buggy it only faces outwards

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
I still have the pliko pramette and do like it but there are disadvantages to it in that its bulky, doesn't fold down very small and very hard to steer with one hand, well to be honest its impossible! It is good value for money though and a good sturdy, comfy pram. I wouldn't go for the same again though, and hoping with the next baby, I can go for something lighter! X
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
i have the bugaboo cameleon & bugaboo bee ...both a dream to push with one hand but folding can be tricky ...cameleon is a two piece fold so cant be used on public transport if you need to fold it down....bee smaller stroller type but my hubby did managed to jam the dam thing folded took me 40mins to unfold it !!! i had a pliko with my other son and loved it but pushing with one hand is not an option ...

best wishes with the hunt

x x x
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
I tried a Mamas and Papas Zoom earlier - which is very lightweight, single bar handle, easy to steer one handed, converts to carrycot, buggy (forward and rear face) and can have a car seat instead - either maxicosy or mamas and papas car seat - it'll be the one I buy when the time comes (prolly after christmas!) and you can choose your colours from the cosytoes and things...
Try looking at them!
x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular