2 children in a 2 bed?

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 am 
Post subject: 2 children in a 2 bed?
Hi ladies. We are hoping to start trying for our 2nd baby in a few months, but we are a bit worried about where we'll put it haha! We have a 2 bed house. Not in a position to move anytime soon. My son was only in a moses basket for 2 months. Is there a bigger crib anyone could recommend so that the baby could sleep in our room longer? Eventually they could share a room, but I dont fancy my 2 year old son being woken up every few hours by a newborn! Anyone had this problem? Thanks X

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:51 am 
Post subject:
We didn't have this problem but to be honest you can hear everything going on in our rooms upstairs and they never seem to wake each other up. If charlotte had been a boy, I think we would have had them sharing a room and had the spare room kept as that for visitors/playroom.

Sure you will be fine and it will work out!! Archie sleeps liket the dead (when asleep Rolling Eyes ) and Charlotte is a very light sleeper but don't have a any probs!x x

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Doesn't the cot fit into your room? Otherwise you could get a crib, it should last longer then the moses basket but doesn't take up as much space as the cot...
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
We're only in a small two bed place at the moment and are having to renew our lease by 6 months as we can't find anywhere bigger to move to that we can afford. So, until we move baby boy will have to be in with us. No space for the cot to fit comfortably in our room, but, we're going to have to make do. Rolling Eyes
Basically, when we do move we're still only looking at a two bed place, but with two double rooms instead. I have no problem with the kiddies sharing for a good few years Smile
Cribs are good, but I think they're only up to 6 months ish? Hope you find a solution, but I really wouldn't be afraid of putting them both together - I have heard a lot that the olders don't get disturbed by the younger as they're used to it! x

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am 
Post subject:
you should be able to manage, becuz me and my fella and 2 kids am all in one room, we have to co sleep with our daughter becuz no room for a cot/crib, and she has out grown her moses basket, we both do no work, and the reason we in one room is becuz we got breaken in to on 27th september 2011, and council aint helping us, it is cramped, we could not stay at our property because landlord did not put a new door on for two weeks, and the door had a massive crack from top to bottom,

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
Its not ideal but a lot of people do it and years ago people had large famalies and children even had to share beds !

I had a rocking crib for my LO and she was in that til 6 months in our room (have them in mothercare).

Jump to:  

Community

Popular