so called super food,,,,Apimist Plus

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:01 pm 
Post subject: so called super food,,,,Apimist Plus
i bought some of this after reading up on its qualities. Its a mix of pollen, honey, royal jelly and propolis.

Its dead expensive and your advised to have only one tea spoon a day. Its supposed to be a excellent nutrient source....

AND IT ITS ABSOLUTELY VILE!!!!

i have one heck of a strong stomach but goodness this is gross. i have tried it neat, in a smoothie and now actually with chocolate

I CANT COPE!!!
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
Whats it supposed to do for you? Just make you healthier?
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Think of England lol x

fionap
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Ive not tried that but I dont mind just pollen.

How about starting with just the tiniest bit and build up to a teaspoon?
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
good lord its vile. i went back packing round Asia and still this is the worst thing i have eaten.

its supposed to boost fertility - the zita west conception clinics recommend it. And as its got pollen in its good for hay fever.

its loaded with vitamins - b in particular.

god its awful. It even has a weird consistency. its slightly lumpy. errrgh

it cost 20 quid for a massive jar though. i will eat it!!!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:42 am 
Post subject:
I've got honey with royal jelly and thats fine, but I've heard the bee propolis is horrible Confused maybe try swallowing it quick and then eating a dry cracker to get your saliva going to rinse your mouth out and get rid of the taste , once you know somethings horrible though you're anticipating it tasting bad which I think makes it worse Rolling Eyes Laughing Good luck with the rest of the jar xx
lysianassa
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 am 
Post subject:
Oh goddess I remember that. When I lived in Beijing with my hubby he brought some home as its supposed to be really good for your health. I couldn't even kiss him until the smell of it had disappeared. He gave me some and I remember being sick, but then again I did have morning sickness Laughing

Apitherapy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 am 
Post subject: Apimist
Hi Happyhell,

Just read your response to the taste of Apimist and it made me laugh. We make it and I have to say it took me a while to get used to the taste. It's the propolis that has the strong taste and it seems to have the 'Marmite' effect - people either love it or hate it. We have tried wrapping it up in other flavours but can't disguise it without losing some of the nutritional benefits and purity is what we are about. Trust me you get used to it. I have been taking it for ten years now just to keep bugs and colds at bay and I don't notice it anymore.

Feedback from everyone on results makes it worth it I think. Sorry not to be able to make it more pleasant for you.

Good luck with everything.

Ali
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular