nausea and weight loss

gingin
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:38 pm 
Post subject: nausea and weight loss
hi all, I thought i was doing really well but the nausea has dictated that i seem to have gone off all food - am almost force feeding myself - I am being ultra healthy sooo booorring i know but i just dont want all my naughty stuff like coke etc to my shock i got on the scales yesterday and I have now lost a lot of weight since being pregnant - Is this normal ?
booter
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Gingin,
Sorry to hear that you have been struck by the dreaded 'morning sickness'. I have lots of sympathy for you. But it's completely normal to lose weight during the first trimester. The nausea can really take it out of you. I lost a good few pounds when I had the nausea. Like you I had to force myself to eat. Someone once told me that her friend had severe morning sickness throughout her entire pregnancy and the only thing she could keep down was toast and coffee. By the end she gave birth to a healthy full term baby. Obviously I dont recommend doing that, but it shows how many nutrients can still be passed to the baby even when you aren't eating so well. If your eating just healthy stuff anyway that is great. Are you taking pre-natal multi vitamins, as now is a good time to? I can't remember, are you 7/8 weeks ish?
You've probably been bombarded with tips for nausea but can I just say that what helped me was to eat something little every couple of hours.
Take care x
booter
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry, I forgot to mention, do keep an eye on your weight though and mention to your midwife x
gingin
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
think am in week 11 ! the nausea is a killer isnt it !! but as we are heading out of first trimester i am keeping everything crossed it goes soon ! a friend of mine said hers just stopped one day - thankfully i havent lost so much weight as i thought and i am gaining now - i must have read the scale wrong !
dont laugh but when did you get new bras? or is it best to wait for a bit - also was going to ask you if you sleep well ? I woke up from my sleep muttering to other half " now what week are we in and when is our due date ?" he is being really considerate and all that but i was obviously panicking that he isnt paying much attention - everyone is saying that the first scan will change all that
you must be getting big now you havent got much time left have you ? when is your due date ?
gx
booter
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
I'm glad your starting to gain weight, thats always a good sign. Like your friend mine just kind of stopped one day, and it's a huge relief when it does.
Regarding bra's, well I think my first size increase was at about 12 weeks. Before pregnancy I was a 34A. My first size increase went to 36C and then I had another size increase at about 22 weeks and went up to a size 38D. Yes unfortunately it wasn't just my breasts that got bigger. Have you noticed a change yet? You could get one of those material measuring tapes as I expect for you it is not as simple as just nipping to M&S and getting them to measure?
My quality of sleep has deteriorated a great deal these last few weeks but that is because I'm limited to sleeping on my side and the baby is so heavy. You will probably start to notice that your dreams become very vivid and even talking in your sleep more...lol! Yeah, the first scan really brings it home for the both of you. My partner and I weren't at all emotional at the scan, we just kind of watched the screen in awe.
I am huge now and waddle rather than walk...ha ha. My due date is 27th March, but many people think he'll be much earlier due to my size and the professionals think I could be a week or so sooner. Partner and I are getting married on 15th Feb so lets hope he stays in there untill after then!
When's your first scan Gingin? Have you started wearing maternity trousers yet?, I have to say that the over the bump trousers have for me been fantastic and very comfortable. x
gingin
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
congrats to u !we are getting married too in May !! have told the other half we'll go underwear shopping after the scan on the 12th as a treat kind of thing for me & for him LOL !!
all of a sudden my assets are growing - my bras are simply very uncomfy now ! not showing much though but notice i cant sit with top button of trousers done up !! I wear Trackies around the house anyway but am almost protesting by wearing my jeans for as long as possible !! i just dont understand all these peop who are desperate to gain weight and show dont they realise just how long this pregn melarky is !! have not actually looked for maternity clothes ever but i know the kids shops here are fab !! thankfully my mum can always do the M&S run and send it over! so these are suppose are the tough weeks for u (anyone) i am so not looking forward to that last month - there are so many things we have to pre-think - like in our new house we need a new staircase (for starters!) let alone plan a nursery but that can wait till after the wedding !!
booter
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
And congrats to you to.for May. Sounds like your in the middle of renovating if you've got to put a new staircase, hope you haven't too much work to do? Thankfully we finished a house renovation just before I got pregnant. Although, I did re-decrorate the nursery only a few weeks ago.
I felt exactly the same as you with regards to bra's. I always wore underwired bra's pre-pregnancy but by your stage they just felt too uncomfortable so I'm afraid I went for 'the unflattering' type of bra.
It's funny you saying about leaving the top button of your jeans un-done because my best friend who is due on Thursday hasn't worn a single pair of maternity trousers for the entire duration and has always just had the top button of her jeans un-done. Admitedly she is over 6ft tall and very slim.
I have to say I most definately am finding it tough now physically. Although I'm still loving being pregnant. But people do want to do things for you alot more which is great.
So, is Sweden a nice place to live so far? We've been thinking of re-locating to Sweden for a couple of years but I'm apprehensive. We are certain that we want to leave England anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular