anyone had counselling after miscarriage?

caz007
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 pm 
Post subject: anyone had counselling after miscarriage?
Hi Ladies,

Sorry if this is a personal question, but i'm feeling really depressed and down last few weeks (my due date was supposed to be 24th Sept) and I cant stop crying at the moment and wondered if anyone else had gone to doctors for counselling and/or anti depressants whilst ttc?

Got my AF today two days early, gutted! I feel at the moment whilst i'm feeling so low there's no way i'm going to conceive again until I get myself right and for this reason I have booked to see the doctor next tuesday to see what advice she can give. I'm 37 and hubby is 46 so time is not really on our side

Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated, thanks xxx

/]
caz007
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
just wanted to clarify my message, i didnt mean that I wont try to conceive until I get myself right but I think it may be stopping me from conceiving the fact that I am so low and down. hope it makes sense xx

/]
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Sad Hiya hun
I think you are feeling so low as its coming up to your due date..
its a horible time for any woman that has suffered a loss.. Sad
On my babies due date.. (18th May) .. I spent the day with hubby and we had a nice meal out.. and let off a balloon in memory of our baby..he also wrote a `birthday` card to the baby from us both.. which I thought was sweet.. around that time I found out I was pregnant again, only to have a m/c.. the 1st loss was an ectopic pregnancy.
What you need to do hun is make sure you do something nice with your partner on 24th September.. and perhaps let off some balloons .. have a cry if you need to..

At 37 you are not old.. I am 40 lol..
so dont let age worry you too much..
I think you will feel a bit better after your due date has passed..

sending you ((HUGS)) xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
caz007
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply angelcake.

Feeling a bit more positive today. I have good and bad days so i supposed just take one day at a time is the answer.

Hubby and I are going for a meal saturday night then onto a wedding party after so hopefully may help take my mind off things for a few hours.

Wishing you lots of baby dust xxxx

/]
amycc
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi Caz

I had counselling - in fact twice! The first was privately and the lady was very nice but just kept affirming me and telling me I was doing really well (when I didn't think I was at all!) I wasn't at all challenged so couldn't move on. The second time was through my GP and it was NHS. This counsellor was much more pro-active and she really got me thinking and changing my mindset about how I was seeing the world after a few years of suffering the grief (and past stuff too, inevitably). Sometimes it was quite hard, but I needed that to move on and the challenges were worked through and I really felt cahnged a whole lot by it. I don't know whether it is coincidence or what but a couple of months after finishing that and starting a New Year I conceived my baby and am now 33 weeks pregnant! I lost 4 before this, so it is truly wonderful! There is a lot of hope out there, even if it feels like it will never happen. There are many women who have been through multiple losses and yet somehow the next time a miracle baby happens! I really hope you find the right counsellor for you. It can be really worth it. Good luck!
Columbine (bird of peace): left us 25th Oct 09.
Tiny one: left us on 16th May 10
and Richard Charles: born full of life on 23rd Nov 11!
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Thanks Caz
looks like you have a nice weekend planned..
agree take one day at a time!! xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
caz007
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Amy, going to doctors Tuesday so will see what she suggests from there.

Hopefully if I work through this horrible sad and frustrated feeling and get to thinking more positively it can only do good at the end of the day.

Wishing you all the best in the rest of your pregnancy.

Caz xxx

/]
sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i had 3 miscarriages before i had archie after the 2nd i had a little breakdown an couldnt cope so yes i had to have cousiling i must say it really helped me. i lost my 1st at 13 1/2 weeks and it took me 5 awful days to loose baby an ended up in hospital with blood loss etc......so i think after rthat experince i couldnt get over loosin my baby.

hope this he;lp ss
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
To be honest I havent felt like Ive needed any counselling. Ive had 2 miscarriages and a ruptured ectopic now, I dont think counselling would do anything for me I have dealt with it in my own way and that is to keep trying.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 am 
Post subject:
I've had 3x m/c's. Every time it was confirmed at hospital as I was scanned to make sure there was nothing left behind Sad
Each time, the midwife offered hubby & I counselling but I refused. I wanted to deal with it on my own/ with hubby. It's a very personal decision & I know it can be very good for others. Xx

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
[url=http://lilypie.com]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular