How much did you spend on your wedding dress??

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm 
Post subject: How much did you spend on your wedding dress??
Hiya i was wondering How much did any of you spend on your wedding dress???

I made loads of appointments at various shops and all the dresses i liked were coming out at the 1000 + mark and i just couldn't justify that amount of money on a dress (as we had a fairly tight wedding budget) I searched high and low for sales and dresses that were cheaper in the end got a real bargin at 300....

I felt quite like the girls in the shops were looking down their noses at me though when i said i didn't have a big budget though and all they kept saying was ' oh but its your wedding dress!' which i did agree with but was not going to be ripped off!! glad i should my ground in the end!

It took a lot of google hours to find what i wanted at a price i could afford though!!

Last edited by Lillyboo on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:45 am 
Post subject:
Good on you! i only spent 300 on mine too! i found a dress i liked then got someone to custom make it for me! Bargain!! xx

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Mine cost 550 plus 50 to have it fitted. It was an Alfred Angelo dress, the train clipped into the back of the skirt after the ceremony to make it easier to wear!

photo doesn't show the detail of the front, it had lots of beads on the front and across the bottom.
Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
thats gorgeous!!! your veil was very similar to mine... good taste Wink

Good price to for a good make! x
Gilliebreezers
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
I was married in 2004 which I call the trial run, divorced in 2009, Im now getting married to my soul mate on 4/8/12.

In 2004 I spent 1200 on my dress including the vail, my dress was gorgeous but when I look back def not worth the money I spent on it, I wore it the one day and it's been packed away in my parents attic since.

This time I'm going to be more realistic and I'm restricting myself to a budget of 500, not because our budget is tight but because it's a dress, and whilst it's lovely to have the dress of your dreams the dress doesn't make the wedding and the money saved can be used to have extra guests present who can make the day extra special.

Good Luck on your big days

Gillie
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Mine was 350, plus another 100 to have it taken up and the zip-back replaced with a lace-up back. It was totally gorgeous and I wouldn't have spent any more than that on a dress - you can find some brilliant dresses for a fraction of the cost of some of them! A friend spent over 1000 on hers, and an additional 150 on alterations only to find when we got there (her wedding was in Greece) that it didn't FIT and the lace for the laceup back was too short by about 1m - we ended up lacing it 3/4rs of the way, then tying it in a short bow and hoping to god no-one would look too much at her back! Another friend spent 2500 on hers and it just didn't look 'worth it' if that makes sense. You can definitely be a princess on a much smaller budget (then spend the money you saved on honeymoon clothing instead!) Very Happy
x

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Smile I spent 1800 Shocked .. my original choice was a Maggie Sottero Michelle dress in gold.. which I did like.. but then I saw the Iam Stuart one and made the mistake of trying it on.. absolutely gorgeous dress!!
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
FaeryBUMfly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Mine was 768 I did have a 500 budget but my dad told me to try it on and him, my mum and I all fell in love with it! so they are paying for most of it Very Happy
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
I paid 450 and 120 for veil. I didn't look at the prices at all but the one I picked was one of the cheapest in the shop ! I think you should spend what you can afford and get what suits - simple !
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
I got married 1999 (for the first time, hopefully next year for keeps (different man)). My mum made mine and my bridesmaids dresses (2), the pattern came from Prima and the material came from the market, so all in all, the 3 dresses cost less than 60! It was plain and simple, no veil, empire line, embossed silk, just hundreds of covered buttons up the back.
danielle88
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Mine was 300. I got it from a designer outlet and it was so cheap because it was 'last years design' Rolling Eyes There is no way I would have paid 1000+ for a dress that I was only going to wear once! I don't really get dressed up very often though as I prefer to be comfortable, that's probably why I couldn't justify spending a fortune. I even refused to spend money on wedding shoes because I knew that I would never wear them again and they would hurt my feet, so I bought some white converse which I still wear now Laughing

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
I spent 500 on the dress. Then just over 100 on having it take in and up. (i got the last dresson the rail so was bout 3 sizes too big)

I loved my dress. Alothough i do think i spent too much money on it!

FreyaANDbumpsMummy
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum Smile
My wedding was just in July 2011 so still very fresh in my head and on the topic of dress costs... Mine was the amazing "Claudia" by hollywood dreams and cost 2100!! I loved it - felt exactly like the princess I wanted to on my wedding day so was worth every penny!! Even if now it's in a box in my loft stored away...

HavenA
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:12 am 
Post subject: Price of a bridal gown
mummy2ollie
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 am 
Post subject:
i spent 550 on the dress as it was in the sale down from 1100 and 150 on having it taken in etc
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular