First/ second dance songs

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:03 pm 
Post subject: First/ second dance songs
Hey girls, what did you's have for your first/ second dance song?!

We have decided on Lonestar - Amazed, mushy i know but hey ho. The second dance i am really struggling with. I am obsessed with Bon Jovi and although most songs are not appropriate, it would be very appropriate for me to have one of their songs as my second song, if that makes sense. I think i would regret it if i didn't. I want to start off my dance with my husband but then dance the rest of the song with my dad.

xx

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
For our 1st dance we chose 'Here and now' by Luther Vandross and for our next dance we chose 'Oruka' a Nigerian song that he always knew he wanted playing at his wedding Very Happy
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
At my first wedding that I call the trial run, I had Heaven by Bryan Adams

Gillie
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Its is interesting to know what people had for their first/ second songs. Thank you Smile xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Not married myself but the best 1st dance song I have heard at a wedding was Time of our lives by greenday, very fitting and a bit different.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Not too sure if I'd pick that Jennifer, as the official title of that Green Day song is Good Riddance Shocked and it always sounds like a break up song to me Laughing
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:20 am 
Post subject:
haha never knew that......just thought it was lovely as their 1st dance song, and thought the words were lovely!!

Can never imagine what our wedding song will ever be as we met nearly 10 years ago clubbing and all the songs that mean alot too us are dance tunes, think we would look a bit daft dancing to ones of those.......probs end up as a funny utube clip lol x x

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 am 
Post subject:
First time around, we chose Truely Madly Deeply by Savage Garden, but, and this should have been yet another omen the DJ didn't have it and we ended up dancing to Michael Bolton. Add that to the disappointments of the Hotel not having made me a vegetarian meal, and a few other things and I should have known it was going to go wrong!

When we finally get married, we are going for Roberta Flack, First time ever I saw your Face.
But I really love the Lonestar song... but our second song will have to be Bon Jovi, he is a huge fan, and we have seen them together a couple of times.
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Can i just ask ggmarch which bon jovi song are you's going for?! I LOVE THEM and i think i've set on a song but people shouldn't pay attention to the lyrics lol!! xx

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Probably Always, but the way things are going at the minute, our life is never simple, it should be living on a prayer!
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Hehe hopefully life will calm down soon for you. Life would be boring if it was plain sailing though eh?! Rolling Eyes

One of my favourite Bon Jovi songs is In these arms but the lyrics aren't very appropriate. When i was in my teens, Somebody i'll be saturday night was soooooo my song, i totally related to it but thats not really appropriate either. I think i'll go for always as well. There is a song called memories too which sounds good!! Arghhhhhh can't believe songs are starting to stress me out already 21 months to go!! xx

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:12 am 
Post subject:
I sometimes think we shouldn't be together because everything jsut conspires against us. We are tough but the things we have been through in 2 years are probably more than most people deal with in 10! Having a baby and being apart. An access battle over his daughter with his ex wife. He has been in and out of work since he left the Army in January. Last job left him practically bankrupt and has still not paid up. Supposed to be starting a new job on monday but has chased it and still doesn't know what time he has to start. Building an extension. Having to have a new boiler. Still haven't got it curtained as can't afford it. I am due to finish mat leave at end of month but have moved 50 miles away from work to be with him, trying to find a job nearrer. Only 1 childminder that does drop off at school and the village nursery doesn't open til half 8. Oh and ever since I met him his beloved Liverpool have played terribly!
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:01 am 
Post subject:
I look at that and think WOW you two have been through so much. It really is a testiment to you both and your relationship - clearly meant to be. I hope your oh heard back ok and started his new job today. xx

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
The new job fell through, he chased it on saturday and its no longer available. I can not believe they did not phone him. Especially as he called to confirm on friday and no one called him back. I am sooooo stressed, I can't think ablut going back to work without worrying about how its feasibly possible to commute 100 miles a day. I am waking early in the morning worrying, TMI but I can't get out of the loo either! All my friends are still miles away, every time I want to try and meet up just to see a friendly face they seem to have something else on, I sent one a text this morning and she couldn't talk to me as she had flu! I feel so alone, in some ways but in others I don't get a minute to think to myself because I am so busy doing things for everyone else. Ok I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now. He is out and has told me he won't come home til he has got a job, think it might be a few days before I see him.
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy we had Savage Garden .. I knew I loved you.. for our 1st dance.
and paolo nutini.. last request for the 2nd dance..
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular