just started solids...kinda...suggestions?

candesgirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:11 am 
Post subject: just started solids...kinda...suggestions?
i just started giving my five month old son solids, ie: baby carrots and peas, squash, etc. my question is, what am i supposed to be doing? i give it to him once a night, one container of a vegetable, and a quarter container of sweets afterwards, like fruit. then i breastfeed him until he seems full. i usually do this around 7:30 p.m. after bath time...is it okay to give it to him so late and am i giving him the right amount and what not? what and how am i supposed to be feeding him these solids? my son's pediatrician didn't give me details, he just said to start giving him solids...can anyone help?[/code]
bubbles24
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi
i started to wean my boy at 16 weeks exactly on organix baby rice, 1-2tsp. I do it in the evenings and give it to him half way through a feed. Hes been on baby rice one week now and i was going to introduce a vegetable when hes 17 weeks and see how he gets on with that - no rush. Its Fun!
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
i personally weaned my children in the morning and then they dropped their morning bottles. food to start with is quite heavy on their tummys at first so to give at night could give them tummy aches. i weaned on baby rice first but girls hated it. in the end i used fresh veg like sweet potato, butternut squash e.t.c.
Phoebe1968
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject: baby weaning
... also i found a great bowl and cutlery set for babies to feed themselves, it has corners so the baby can push the food into a corner rather than round the bowl - very clever. Its called me-feed-me and i ordered one from www.smarterproducts.co.uk. The set is a bit pricey - around 14 - but well worth it. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular