Maternity Leave Again, So how does the pay work now?

MrsMurray
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:45 am 
Post subject: Maternity Leave Again, So how does the pay work now?
I went back to work in August, but was already 8 weeks preggers again.

I'm hoping to go on maternity leave at 29 weeks this time around. So it would start around 2nd Jan.

I got SMP of about 550 a month with my daughter. Which is more than my wage (I did lots of extra shifts whilst I was preggers with her so I qualified for the 128.75 a week.

I will have only been back to work a few months this time, so will I just get 90% of my wage? As that is lower than the 128.75 a week. I dont think I'll qualify for the 128.75 a week this time.

Do any of you know how to work it out or find out how much you will be enititled to?

Thank you Smile

Becky

Gilliebreezers
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
I work for the local authority and due to the length of time I've been with the company I'm entitled to 6 weeks @ 9/10 pay then 12 weeks @ half pay plus the Statutory Maternity Pay of 128 then 21 weeks @ SMP only. Providing I return to work and work for a minimum of 4 weeks, if I were pregnant again I qualify for the same entitlement again.

The above is for my employer but everyone will be different, sorry I couldn't help

Jump to:  

Community

Popular