Still waiting on results

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am 
Post subject: Still waiting on results
So after my d&c, 4 weeks after i went for tests to see if my blood clot that i had years ago was affecting my ability to sustain a preganncy. Anyway, she said the results would be back in 4-6 weeks, no earlier than 4 weeks and no later than 6 weeks. I called on Friday and was told the results were not there. She said they would phone me as soon as they came in and to try back in a few weeks if i hadn't heard anything. Today is 6 weeks and i'm a bit [*CENSORED*] off that i've not got results back.

I am not trying to conceive at the mo due to family things so taking this month off at least but i still want to know the results. I need to know why i have m/c twice.

It probably sounds stupid bt i just needed to get it off my chest!! xx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
It doesn't sound stupid at all, it's understandable you want to find out why you've m/c (my investiagtions don't start until the beginning of November, and I feel like I can't move on until why I've lost these ones).

If I was you I'd keep phoning every few days to find out what's going on. It's not fair that you're being made to wait longer than you were told in the first place!!

xxx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
I feel exactly the same. I feel in limbo at the mo. I am hoping the results come back positive and so i know what has caused them because then i know there is treatment when i fall pregnant again but if its negative, i doubt i will continue ttc as i cannot put myself or oh through another m/c which happens for no reason if you know what i mean.

Did you think more about the counselling or that hun?! My GP said i'd only have to wait a month but shock horror i got my letter through last wk or the week before and first appointment is 19th october.

Thanks for your reply Smile xx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
I know exactly what you mean hun, but I wouldn't think too rashly about if the tests are negative and not ttc just yet. I sometimes think that, but then I'm sure we'll both be 3rd time lucky. Never give up hope Smile it'll all be worth it in the end, although I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment.
As to the counselling, the company said they'd be in touch this month and I haven't heard a thing! Some days I think I need it and some days I don't, so maybe I'll go to gp and see about it as I can't really afford to go private!

xxx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 am 
Post subject:
Yeah i know what you mean, just got to keep hoping it is third time lucky, i'm sure it will be. Yeah i'm hoping as soon as we have our babies all the hurt and ttc will get better.

I said to my oh i didn't think i need it but he told me to go and i think he's right. I don't think i've dealt with things at all and i've buried them deep so he thinks the counselling will help. No harm in giving it a try anyway.
I would definately go to your GP hun. When i went my GP thought it was a good idea after eveything and just referred me right away so don't feel nervous about asking your GP.

xx

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:00 am 
Post subject:
aww hen thats pants I really hope you get your results soon

Hows things going hope your ok xx
Hannah born Jun '12
TTC #2 since May '13
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:21 am 
Post subject:
Thanks. Still no results...I'm giving it until thursday and then calling them again. So frustrating. Easy seeing its them not waiting on results, grrrr!!

How are you claire?! xx

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
stupid doctors !

Im doing ok had a wobble on sunday just kept greeting flaming hormones I think Rolling Eyes

Two days till af's due don't think we've done it. Im starting to think my tube's blocked or something Crying or Very sad
Hannah born Jun '12
TTC #2 since May '13
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Hey girls, I had a missed call yesterday, eventually got hold of them today and kinda got my results.
She said the initial results came back clear but the second part of results they got a report for, she called the consultant about them and the consultant wants them redone. I've to go and get them re done on Thursday Sad an even longer wait. She couldn't get access to my notes so looks like I won't know for sure what the results were until Thursday.

X x

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
aww im sorry you've got more waiting to do I hope it goes ok on thurs xx
Hannah born Jun '12
TTC #2 since May '13
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sorry you have to wait longer Sad
Did they give you anymore info? xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Theres a gene problem, can't remember the specific name. Will need to write it down next time. Although they have re took bloods again last time just to confirm that it is the gene issue. Anyway, i have been put on clexane injections to hopefully prevent another m/c but will see what happens. xx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
I shall keep my fingers crossed for you hun!! xxx

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Smile Good luck hun XX
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular