June 2012 Mummies

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
You'll start to find your way chatty. I remember when chloenwas born whenever I asked them a question I'd always get the response, ' well what do you think? ' I always felt like saying ' I don't bloody know that's why I'm asking you!! ' Rolling Eyes

The main thing I can say is to echo what Victoria said, there's nothing like mothers instinct so go with your gut feeling and you won't go far wrong, maybe it's worth seeing if your hospital has a premmie support grop,if not there's bound to be one online

Midwife came today and Willam has gained weight since birth, little piggie! He's now 8lb 12oz, he was very brave for his heel prick and didn't cry. They think I've got a infection as am bleeding very heavily and passing big clots so am on antibiotics now

Good luck Victoria, although I say I'm jealous I wouldn't want to do the established labour part again Laughing Hope it all goes easily for you, can wait to see your announcement xxx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Mandy. I guess its a learning cuve and every babys different so i shouldn't compare as long as she's happy and settled which she is. I am a control freak and need to know what to do etc and so when the Health Visitors are like what do you think? Just like you said above, you don't know thats why i'm asking you, it kinda freaks me out and i constantly question myself. Definately going to look into a support group.

Thats great about Williams weight gain Smile Is he settling in well, yeah? Thats not so good about the bleeding but at least you are on antibiotics now so hopefully it clears up soon.

xxx

Faerydae
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't see the midwife yesterday because I'd waited in all day for her, putting off my shopping plans but it got to 3pm and I had to go out as I had to get some food, she turned up 10 minutes after I left and left a note, typical! she came round today though and Logan has put 100g back on so he's now back up to 6lbs so not quite back to birth weight yet but getting there Smile
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
I keep popping on to see if there's any news from Victoria. hope you have your little girl in your arms now

hows everyone else doing? I'm so in love with my little boy. I've found bonding much easier this time round

Has anyone else still got painful hips? mine ache like mad, I'm hoping it's just everything reverting back to its proper position

hope you're all ok xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies, hope you are all ok.

I had my girlie Very Happy

Sorry haven't got on sooner, had a long day yesterday with waiting to be discharged & then visitors at home.

It all went really well, I went to hospital about 6.30 on Friday, I was 5cm when I was examined at 6.45 & then contractions started coming thick & fast! She was born at 9.14, so 2.5hrs! Managed fine with the tens then just had gas & air once i got to labour ward about 7.15.
Midwives were fab & helped me brilliantly through pushing so I haven't even got a graze!

No name just yet, she weighed 7lbs 4oz & I'm totally besotted with her Very Happy She has been pretty much permanently attached to my chest since she was born & nipples are so so sore already but hoping it will be easier once my milk comes in.

Just trying to catch up with some sleep but will try & get back on here properly in next few days. Xx

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations! So pleased she's he. Just made it in to June mummies! Hope the feeding settles down soon x

Faerydae
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
ahh yay Smile glad to hear everything went well and that you're both doing good Smile

I took Logan to his cousin's birthday party today and he was so good ^_^ didn't mind being passed from person to person or anything Smile he's passed out now though haha
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
CONGRATULATIONS VICTORIA.

Only just managed to get back on here and catch up. Glad your little one made it before the end of June!

Any further with a name yet?

Well OH has been away the last 2 days (home now) so that was an experience looking after 2 kids, but I had lots of help from family and even roped in my visitors to help but it's exhausting.

Boobs feel so much better and have used nipple shields a few times just to give them a bit of a break and that's really helping. I've noticed Isla has been cluster feeding the last 2 afternoons (every hour or so) so I'm not sure what thats all about. She too is quite a lazy feeder and often doesn't open her mouth wide enough. my friend is lending me an electric breast pump so I'm hoping to do some expressing and combine bottle and breast - I know they don't advise it but by the time my ds was 4 days old he had had bottle, breast, cup and a dummy and never seemed to get confused with sucking!!!! I just don't want Isla to be completely on breast, plus if I can get her to take a bottle of expressed at least the OH or ds can help feed her and give me a bit of a break. Very Happy

Hope everyone and their babies are doing well - guess it's quite difficult getting on here at the moment - we are all so busy settling in with our new bundles. x

Aleishasmam
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Vic. So happy for you xx
polkadottymummy
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies-

Just a quickie sorry as things are so hectic here and still not sleeping well with Zac.

Congrats Victoria!! So happy for you and your little girly.

Glad everyone else is doing well too.

Zac's still a lovely beautiful baby, feeding every 2-3 hours and 3-4 at night, taking about 90mls. Health visitor was round today- he's now 8lb 7oz, so proud of him gaining so much weight Smile only problem is at night where he wakes for about 3 hours and gets attached to our little fingers in his mouth lol but introduced the dummy today so hoping that works!

We're all June mummies now Smile Congrats everyone and thank you for all the support over the 9 + months Smile

Hope your all well xxx
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Things have been a bit mad here so I'm just popping on while I can!

My little girl is amazing and such a happy baby, as long as her belly is full!!
Been having an absolute nightmare with feeding since she was born, she's so hungry and really aggressive when she latches on, so my nipples are so sore! MW came sunday & watched and she is def latching fine, so I think it's just going to be this way until she has enough milk. She's been feeding so much though that my milk came in on sunday evening - 2 days! Usually it's 3-5 days I thought?
Yesterday & monday I've had marathon feeding sessions - yesterday it was almost 12 hours from 4am to 3.30pm with barely any break in between and on top of that she had 70ml from a bottle (2.5 oz?)! I don't know where she is putting it!!
So I'm exhausted & my nips feel ripped to shreds but *touch wood* my supply seems to have increased loads. She's been going every 1.5-3 hours since 7pm last night (I've had to wake her twice at the 3 hr mark because I thought if I left her any longer she'd be attached to me all day again today.
So for the next few days/week I think I'm going to keep waking her at 3 hrs if she doesn't wake herself before, in the hope that the marathon sessions are finished (until she has a growth spurt Rolling Eyes)

I've also had some big clots and pieces of placenta come out, so I need to speak to mw today when she comes out, as I think having pieces of retained placenta can affect supply? I did have a really tender belly but that eased yesterday after a chunk of placenta came away and that's also when my supply increased, so hopefully nothing is left but I'm going to see whether they will scan me as I don't want to get an infection and end up with a d&C to remove it all!

Hopefully I'll be able to get on more soon! Hope you and all your babies are doing well.
I haven't had the chance to get on FB either, but I think my sis is going to be tagging me in some pics of the little lady today.

xxxx

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
I know how you feel with the feeding Victoria, William is the same, he's great during the day, but come the evening and night he's feeding constantly. My nipples aren't so sore now, I've been putting lanisoh on and letting the air get to them as much as possible so they've got better very quickly

Met my health visitor today,William is gaining weight well, and is now 9lb 2oz so has put on 7oz since birth. He's on the 75th percentile for weight and 91st for height!

Busy week this week, 2 wedding cakes to make, just finished the first one, and starting the second one, unfortunately one is for a friend and the other one was booked before I fell pregnant so haven't been able to get out of them, also had Chloe's jabs today and got to go to a thing at her school nursery later for her starting in September. Can't believe how much more quickly you have to get back to normal when you have another child, I remember with Chloe because of the section etc, I was in my own little bubble at home just concentrating on me and her for weeks, this time, it's straight back into normality, a bit depressing really.

Anyway enough rambling from me, hope you're all well xxx

xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Mandy/Victoria - same here with the feeding, Isla goes 3-4hrly during the day but seems to be cluster feeding (hourly) between 10pm-2am. She got weighed today by the health visitor and has lost more weight (now 8lb 3oz) but the midwife is coming on Friday so hopefully it's gone back up - she had only lost 40grammes on the midwife's scales so I'm hoping its the different scales weighing differently. I dont think it helps that they weigh on my lounge carpet either to be honest!!! My nips are sore again - started healing but now gone back so been using nipple shields and the cream and hopefully they will heal again.

I have an infection in my wound Sad noticed a big lump a few nights ago and when I woke up it was even more swollen - it's still there but I'm on antibiotics so hopefully it will go down soon as it's really painful. I am also very bruised - all colours of the rainbow so god knows what my surgeon did to me in theatre!!! I know he was very quick.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well -sorry I have read the posts, but now my eyes are getting heavy think I'm gonna take myself off to bed before the night shift starts.

Speak soon ladies
P.S - Any news on the name yet Viki????

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, just thought I'd pop on again to say congratulations to you all now all the June babies are finally here! Have you got a name for LO yet Victoria? Hope the feeding gets better, I remember JJ made my nipples so sore for the first 2 weeks so I ended up expressing for 1 feed a day just to give myself a break and Joff fed it to him in a bottle instead. After the 2 weeks though we both finally got used to it and it went swimmingly!

Hope everyone is managing to get some quality sleep (albeit in 3-4 hour blocks).

Can't wait to see pics of the ones that we haven't already seen, really jealous and can't wait for October to be here so I get my turn Very Happy

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies, hope you and the babies are all ok Smile

Thanks Kate, we called her Sophie in the end. I think we found it so hard to decide as all we could see was our son when we looked at her, so it seemed so strange to give her a girls name Laughing
It won't be long for you now and your little lady will be here Very Happy

Cupcake and Mandy, sorry to hear you guys are having the same probs with feeding. It's a nightmare! I really don't know where she puts it all?!! She's still cluster feeding loads during the day, anywhere from 4-10 hours and it's so exhausting, I sometimes get 30 mins maximum break which gives me the chance to do a couple of things before she's back on the boob!!
If things don't settle down over the next 2 wks I'm going to have to introduce a bottle of formula once a day. I can't even express atm with the way she's feeding.

She is pretty good at night though, which gives me the chance to sleep - she usually feeds anywhere between 7-9pm and will then sleep for 4-5 hours, as soon as I feed her she goes down again for another 3-4 hours. But then after that is where it all goes wrong.
I don't know how you've managed to do so much Mandy, I can only just manage to get myself something to eat!!

How's your infection Cupcake? Is it healing ok? I ended up going to out of hrs Dr on Sat as I was in so much pain feeding Sophie through the night - turns out I have mastitis from the way she's been feeding, so I'm on anti-biotics too. Still painful but I'm using nipple shields for now which is helping a lot.

How is everyone else doing?

Got the MW coming today to sign us off, can't wait to see how much she weighs now, with all that feeding she must have put a fair bit on!
Hopefully once the feeding settles down I will be able to get on here a bit more. xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 80 of 84

Jump to:  

Community

Popular