Hannah born Jun '12
choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am 
Post subject:
hello girls hope everyone's doing well xx

We're not doing too good here. The first couple of weeks were fine but now we're having trouble Sad Hannah will only go to sleep if she's lying on your chest (which is where she is now) and when you put her down she lasts about half an hour before she wakes up with a wet nappy (which she absolutely hates and screams blue murder every time) so you change her and get her settled again then she does it again then by the time you've sorted it and got her settled again you've only got another hour if your lucky before she's awake again wanting fed. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours a day sleep Sad

Feeling very frazzled at the min don't know if it's pnd setting in or if it's because i'm so goddam tired but all i've done the last 4 days is cry Crying or Very sad

Anyway on a happier note since the last time I was on my milk came through so i've been managing to do some breast feeding although she doesn't always latch on right if she's tired so she tends to prefer a bottle at night Very Happy
Hannah born Jun '12
Faerydae
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 am 
Post subject:
choccers - I feel for you! Logan will not settle at all unless he's right next to or on me, we've actually ended up doing away with the quilt on the bed and co-sleeping with him as otherwise I was sat up all night with him, he sleeps SO much better like this though and I don't care what the midwife says about not sleeping with them, I did a lot of research before letting him in my bed and it's very safe if done properly and it means we all get some sleep!
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies hope you and the little ones are all well-

Victoria- Hows you and the little girly now? Did you sort out the placenta and clots? Sophie is a beautiful name by the way.

Mandy- I can't believe how busy you are! I can barely get day to day stuff done with my little one.

Cupcake- Hope the infection clears up for you.

Kate- Not long till yours is here- time will fly by although it doesn't seem like it yet. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Faerydae- How do you do the co- sleeping thing?

Choccers- I have exactly the same problem with Zac! He just won't sleep on his own. He does sleep on his front on us or laying down but once put down in his pram or moses basket its not long before he wakes up and realises we're not holding him. He's such a night owl too and when he wakes for his 2/3 am feed he is wide awake till the morning, and sometimes late morning Sad I too am surviving off little sleep and it is starting to get to me. I can't believe how tired I am. The hubby is back at work now too so I'm doing the night & day shifts, except Friday & Saturday nights where it's joint.

Other than Zac being fussy with being put down to sleep without us, he's been through it. We were in A&E Sunday night as he hadn't fed in 10 hours. He's been suffering with Collic, which we take infacol for, and also thrush since last Weds. The thrush he has medicine for but it got so bad at the weekend that he was fighting with his bottles as his mouth was so sore that he gave up feeding and didn't feed, despite being starving, so he was in a state. At the hospital we stayed overnight and he managed 2 feeds with their teats so when we got home we bought some cheap NUK bottles and teats as they are rubber and softer for him to feed from. Since then he's been having massive feeds and is doing well again. We went to the doctors yesterday and she reckoned it was just the thrush and to keep on with medicine. Then the health visitor was round and he now weighs 9 pounds 1 oz which is amazing! So he's doing brill other than being a cheeky monkey sleeping and getting over his thrush. The collic seems to be settling, some days are worse then others.

As for myself, I got checked at the doctors and turns out although my stitches have all disolved half of my wound is open still and is having to heal naturally which 3 weeks on could still take another 2! Still v sore and on strong painkillers. She also said I was extrememly bruised so hoping I heal soon. Find it hard to wash etc and can't even think about the oh touching me there!

Sorry about the essay, been a while since I'd been on so thought I'd catch you all up!

How is everyone else doing? xxx
Faerydae
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
I have him on my side of the bed (not in between me and OH as he has more chance of rolling onto him) and have a bed guard on the bed to make sure he can't roll out and as I said, got rid of the quilt so I just keep the room warm and share Logan's little blanket if my top half gets cold as I sleep without a top on to make the night feeds easier (me and him under a tiny blanket must be a right sight! haha)
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies how are you all doing?

William is thriving and is a right fattie, had him weight today and he's a whopping 11lb already!!

Starting to get there with sleep now too, he did two 5 hour stretches last night only waking once for a feed so am hoping it continues

Hope you're all getting on ok xx

Faerydae
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
me and Logan are doing well although I'm weaning him onto formula milk now because he's just TOO hungry, I went 3 days on about 2 hours sleep in total because he was just feeding from me pretty much 24 hours a day, so I tried introducing 1 or 2 bottles a day but he ended up needing topping up after EVERY feed from me so he's now on hungry baby milk and feeding every 3 hours or so and last night finally fell asleep and stayed asleep in his moses basket! got him down around 11pm and he woke up for feeds at 1am and 5am and then decided he didn't want to stay in bed any longer at 8am haha.

the HV came round on Monday and he's now 7lb 4oz so he's put on just over a pound since birth Smile wow Mandy, sounds like your little boy is piling on the weight though! Smile
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies-

Faerydae- I may have to try that perhaps when he's a little bit older, trouble is he's a right wriggler! Glad your getting on well with Logan. Are you going to soley give him formula milk from now on? Don't blame you if he's that hungry! What formula are you using?

Mandy- Glad William is thriving and putting on good weight, seems to be doing well Smile Glad the sleep is getting better for you.

Zac's still getting over his thrush, but almost gone. He still fusses with his bottles but mainly in the evening so we think it might be related to his colic. Anyone else's babies got colic? He has a lump on the side of his neck, where his neck muscle is which we've been to the doctors about. They won't refer him to the paediatricians as they think it's muscle swelling from the delivery. We've been told to keep an eye on it anyway.

The HV weighed him Monday though and he's now 9 pounds 8 oz. He's grown so much in the last month its amazing, and he's feeding bigger feeds now so soon will have to use bigger bottles.

The other thing is sleep. He's a nightmare lol such a cheeky monkey he won't settle on his own. Some nights he skips a feed and goes 4 hours asleep, others hes up every 3 so we get between 4 broken up hours sleep or 4/5 solid hours then around 4-5am he is wide awake. Sad Really suffering but as he is a month old Saturday hoping he will start settling into a bit of a routine! He is still so amazing though and super cute Smile

Hope everyone else is ok xxx
Faerydae
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:12 am 
Post subject:
ah luckily Logan doesn't wriggle at all once he's fast asleep so when he's been in my bed I can lie on my back with my arm round him and we both stay that way until he wakes up Smile

the past couple of nights he's had a feed off me in the middle of the night (mainly to relieve the pain in my boobs, stopping BF seems to be more painful than starting) but he'll be solely on formula soon. I'm using SMA hungry baby milk, mainly because I can order 6 tins of it from Home Bargains for £35 Smile

sorry to hear your having trouble with sleep! I'm sure he will settle soon, Logan seems to be doing now Smile
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies, hope you are all ok?

It's so hard to get on here atm!!

Sophie is doing well, she just started settling down a bit with feeding for 3 days but then for the past 2 days she's been feeding like mad again, which I thought would happen hitting the 3 week growth spurt!
Evenings are pretty good - she goes down about 8-9pm and then will have about 4 hrs sleep, she'll then sleep for another 3-4 hrs but then it all goes wrong and she ends up in our bed feeding until 6.30-7. The rest of the day is crazy too, she doesn't sleep much & when she's awake she wants to be fed! She put 10.5 oz on in a week though so it's good to know all that feeding is doing the job Smile

Sophie has been colicky too and the hv recommended colief, which is really doing the trick!

Is anyone missing their bump yet? Or dare I say thinking of having another? Laughing I really do miss the bump, but deffo not thinking about more babies just yet!

Even though things are a bit mad for us all right now, it sounds like the babies are all growing beautifully Smile
I hope things settle down for everyone soon, I think by 6 wks things were much more organised with my son so holding out hope for that this time round too!

xx

polkadottymummy
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies-

Glad your doing well with the feeding now Faerydae hope the boobs feel better soon!

Victoria- Glad you are doing well. Sounds like she's a good girl with her sleeping. Yes I'm missing my bump and eating whatever I want! Also want to try again in about a year for baby 2 haha but I have to be brave! Glad the colief is doing the trick. Where do you get that from?

Zac's doing better now, his thrush has pretty much cleared up and his lump is going down thankfully, but still keeping a close eye on it. He's grown so much and is so gorgeous, really proud of him. He's still not great with sleeping but we are trying our best to teach him to sleep on his own not in our arms and we think we're getting there. He hated his moses basket so we have moved him into his big cot next to us now, he's enjoyed it a bit more the last two nights. Hope he gets better soon.

Hows everyone coping with the sleep and babies? And what's everyone doing in this heat with them? It's horrible (never thought I'd say that!)

Hope everyone else is doing okay xxx
Faerydae
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
glad you're getting somewhere with the sleep Smile we are aswell now, he's slept a lot more often in his basket next to me but still gets brought into my bed about 3am because he doesn't seem to want to settle alone past then

the heat is making my house soo warm as it's a generally warm house anyway so been trying to get out with Logan instead, took him for a day out to the park with a friend yesterday and let him sit in the cool shade which he seemed to like Smile
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies hope everyone is doing well xx

Hannah's coming along nicely and now weighs 10lb 2oz. She's over her colic now so is alot happier and is full of gurgles and smiles. The only problem we've got now is that she won't sleep during the day unless she's getting cuddled as soon as you put her down she wakes up again Sad

Yeah vic I miss my bump too but there's no way i'm up for having another baby just yet if ever
Hannah born Jun '12
polkadottymummy
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies-

Faerydae- That's good. Haha Zac does the same for some reason. the first feed he wakes and goes straight down then second feed he's up and falls asleep on us but wont settle alone again, which means we're getting v early mornings Sad although since he's been in his big cot he's been better. I'm glad he enjoyed his day out to the park.

Choccers- Glad Hannah is doing well, thats a really good weight and I bet its amazing her getting over the colic. We have the same problem with Zac too... we are really trying to get him to settle alone in the day so that we can transfer this on to night time, seems to be working as he just gets really tired till he zonks out!

Zac was amazing yesterday, so happy and smiling, it makes the colic evenings worth it!

Hope everyone else is okay xxx
Faerydae
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, noticed there's not been any activity on here for almost a month so just thought I'd ask how everyone is getting on? Smile

Logan had his first set of jabs last week, I spent days fretting over it for him to cry for a few seconds and then see his bottle and shut up Laughing

he's jumped a centile on the weight chart now aswell and now weighs 10lb 3oz! little fatty Smile
Page 81 of 84

Jump to:  

Community

Popular