June 2012 Mummies

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies, how are all the June buds today? Smile

Thanks Janey Smile Lovely to see your pregnancy coming along so nicely!

Oh no Choccers, I hope the morning sickness doesn't settle in just yet for you! I've had a few 'gagging' moments but I'm ok so far, just feel a bit 'bleugh' sometimes, not sickness or nausea but just don't feel quite right.
That's soon sorted with carbs though Rolling Eyes I had to eat a bowl of pasta for breakfast today Embarassed Laughing Soooo weird theis pregnancy stuff!

Yay Chatty!!!! So glad you are joining us, congratulations again hun!

I tried to get an appointment at Drs today but they were fully booked, will have to try again tomorrow, it's a nightmare trying to get one though as you have to call at 8am on the day! And if you call at 8.10 all the appointments are gone Mad

xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 am 
Post subject:
I feel rotten, have had a stinking cold for over a week and its beginning to get me down especially as i can't take any cough mixtures. Hope it disappears soon. But apart from that i'm good Smile

A bowl of pasta for breakfast?! Thats so wrong victoria. Pasta is yuck nevermind for breakfast. I had a roll on sausage with fried onions, covered in brown sauce, twas yummy!! Although oh is like you know you are gicing yourself a heartache.

Awww thats a shame victoria. Just keep them on redial tomorro and eventually you will get through. I could phone now and get an appointment for the afternoon. They are generally really good. When i lived back at home you had to book appointments at least 2 weeks away, how can you plan when you are going to be ill?!

Hope you are feeling better Claire. I never thought it would be this good to feel so bad, hehe!!

xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:27 am 
Post subject:
Chatty, and with what you ate, you're saying my breakfast is wrong?! Laughing Whatever our little beans want us to eat though, I'm sure they can have (within reason)!!

Hope your cold goes away soon hun, have you tried hot honey & lemon? That's always a good remedy for colds.

I got a call back from the Drs and they have just fitted me in, hurrah!!! So I have my cyclogest pessaries (nice!) and he's referred me to my consultant so shouldn't take too long for that appointment to come through.

I don't want to wish this pregnancy away, but I can't wait to get to 12 wks, will be a couple of weeks before christmas so will be a fab time of year to announce it! And a good excuse to eat all the chocs & xmas puddings!! Although so far I have gone right off sweet food (which is not normal for me!!).

xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Its weird because i am not a fan of sausages but really took a notion for one this morning. Its too early for cravings though, it must be all in my head. Yeah your right, although i remember last time i wanted paste and low and behold you can't eat that. I'm sure you need to stay away from mayonnaise and i'm going to miss it sooooooo much.

I haven't. I might try some of that tonight actually, heading to work soon. Last shift then off for 4 days, yehaaaa!!

Thats great news about the doctors being able to fit you in hun. I'm the same, i made it to 11 weeks the last time so i just feel that past 12 weeks i'll be a bit more comfortable rather than worrying. I have already told oh the way i have planned to tell our parents, hehe!! Oh, i hope your sweet tooth comes back in time for all the christmas choccies xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:51 am 
Post subject:
It's def not too early for cravings hun, your body knows what it needs. I started getting cravings for pies about 3 days after embryo transfer! And I just read yesterday that carbs are really important in 1st tri, and because of all the ivf treatment I had been on a high protein diet (helps with egg quality) so I hadn't had much carbs so my body is really making up for it now Laughing

You can have mayo, as long as it's from a jar as they use pasturised eggs so no need to miss out, yay!! I love it too!

That's good you have 4 days off after today, sounds like you could do with a break & give the chance for that cold to clear up!

What have you got planned hun? If you don't mind sharing of course. Our parents already know because we couldn't keep the ivf a secret. But not telling anyone else for a long while yet.

xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so glad you said that, oh thinks i make it up haha. Do you know of any foods we must stay away from?! I'm a fussy eater at the best of times. Wow, 3 days after?! Do you still have your craving for pies?! Yeah keep eating, we can't prevent what our bodies need.

Yay, i'm so happy. I love mayo!!

Yeah i really could do with the rest hun. Saturday i plan on doing buggar all!!

We are going to give my mum her christmas present, and then we'll get her card that says something about a gran, and inside our scan picture. My dad comes to my mums for christmas dinner (they split up years ago) and i'll tell him over dinner. Then on boxing day we are going to ohs parents, give them their presents, then we will give them something for both of them, inside a wee card to gran and grandad and the scan pic inside. I would love to tell them straight away but we have had 2 mc's told both sets of parents and its really hard for us all to deal with so i don't want to get their hopes up again until after the scan.

How did your parents take the news?! I bet they were sooooo excited. How did you find the IVF process hun?! What are you hoping for, boy or girl?!

Thats me off to work. Have a good day Smile xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
I had pie for breakfast and dinner yesterday, but the pasta seems to have eased the craving today Laughing Although it was only 3 days after transfer, I had a 5 day transfer & the little embie was almost hatching, so technically on a natural cycle I would have been 8 dpo. I felt implantation at 7 dpo.

Pate, runny eggs (although I've always eaten them slightly runny still), unpasturised cheese (brie, camambert), blue vein cheese, anything with raw eggs in so things like fresh mayo. Can't thnk of anything else at the mo but better go & have a read up......

That sounds like a lovely idea hun!! Last time I was preg the 12 wk scan wasn't around any special time of year so I just did them copies of the scan and put it in an envelope, which they loved!!

I know what you mean about telling them when you've had losses before, I wanted to tell them the ivf hadn't worked and then surprise them later on but couldn't do it. One thing keeping something from them but another lying!! They were all over the moon but obviously cautious too with my history, so they're not buying anything or telling anyone else until I say so.

IVF was surprisingly really good, would do it again in a heart beat! I suppose it was knowing that this was the best chance I've had in years of getting preg.
Absolutely do not mind at all what I have, just a healthy baby! I have a nearly 7 yr old son, and then lost a little girl and that would have been my ideal family, so a girl would be nice again, but after losing her we've decided we want 3 or 4 kids now so equally a boy would be great! It would be nice to have at least one girl at some point though. But if I end up with 3 or 4 boys I'll just have to be a good mother in law instead Laughing

I don't want to guess at this stage either, but with my son all I craved was sweet stuff but with my little girl it was savoury all the way and that's what I'm craving now so far. So will be interesting to see if it is a girl.....

What about you, what would you like?

Hope the day goes quickly for you so you can come home to put your feet up & have a hot honey & lemon! xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
I posted this on the ivf thread after my transfer, they gave me a pic of my embie before it went back inside me. I find it fascinating to think this has stuck & will turn (all going well) into a baby! It's about the size of a full stop!!

The top left is the cells compacting together to form the baby Smile

xx

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
wow what an amazing photo to show them when they're older! They will truly feel loved knowing how much you went through for them x
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hye ladies just wanted to say congratulations to all of you. I was a June mummy from this year (although lazy bum didnt turn up until 4th July). I cant believe its a year ago since I got my BFP.

Really hope everything goes well for all you ladies and I look forward to seeing scan piccys and reading birth stories.

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
Awww no saying that to your parents would have been a bit mean Hun. It's great you've told them as they will give you lots of support. Awwww they must be so chuffed for you, as much as we all are for you and your oh. I ended up telling my boss tonight, long story why but I am not putting myself a risk. I work with dementia clients and alot can be aggressive and I can't take any chances this time, even though I will try when they start getting aggressive I'll need to leave. I hate that my boss knows before my mum Sad

My cousin and his wife are on the waiting list for IVF. Infact they were interested in adopting my aunts foster baby she has at the mo but because they are awaiting IVF they can't do it. It's great to see how positive it can be though.

Yeah I'm the same, aslong as its healthy I'm happy. A wee girl would be nice, plus she'd have a big brother to always look out for her. I'm so sorry you lost your little girl. I do tend to be drawn to blue stuff.

Thanks Rachey!! Can't believe you found out you were pregnant a year ago, time flies!! Xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies! Smile

Thank you HotCross & Rachey Smile

Chatty - I posted in gen chat, but just to wish you Happy Birthday Happy Birthday again!!
What a fab pressie you have getting your bfp!!

Don't feel bad for telling your boss hun, you had to to makesure you're not put at risk. My sis is a carer in a home and quite a few of the residents have dementia and I know how violent & agressive they can be to her. Luckily they are 80s & 90s so haven't really got the strength to really hurt her. My nan has it too and although she's not violent, she's often verbally abusive to everyone now. I don't think you had any other option hun. I'm sure your family will completely understand.

I hope you enjoy your 4 days off now and can't wait to hear where OH takes you tomorrow night.

Well AF is due today, so a little nervous & on knicker watch, but I tested again today and the test is much darker so I'm happy this little beanie is snuggled in tight. xx

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies hows everyone today ?

Im still feeling Yuk

Christine are you sure of your dates because I worked out im due the 14th and I should be due the week before you or is it me thats worked it out wrong ?

Im working it out going by that since you ovulation 2 weeks before af and that they add an extra two weeks on that that when your af's due you should be 4 weeks ??

Happy Birthday

Im going to Cornwall tomorrow to visit my oh's sister so ill not be on much for the next week xx
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for you birthday wishes Victoria. I've had a great day although hardly seen him today as he's been at wrk and already I pissedhim off, oops!!

There is a 94 year old who is a gem in the morning but a nightmare going to bed. His strength is unbelievable. They kick and punch, elbow you, even tried head butting lol!! Not just him, the are all like him!! I don't mind them being verbal, I can usually get around it, it's their strength, I don't know where they get it from.

I'm glad the line is getting stronger Hun. I've not tested today, will pick more tests up tomorro and I'll be testing Sunday.

Thanks for your birthday wishes Claire. I'm sorry you still feel rubbish Sad Im not sure. I used due date calendar and that's what it told me. I'll find out at the booking appointment although wont know for sure until my 12 week scan.

Have a lovely week away Smile

X x

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Ok Claire - I used the due date calendar on here which told me 16th June. I've just checked the NHS one and the baby centre due date calendars which told me 21st June based on my 33 day cycle. According to my last booking in appointment though they go by 28 day cycles so according to this site and the other 2 sites my due date will be 16th June.

Does that make sense?! X x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 3 of 84

Jump to:  

Community

Popular