Had to Stop Work To Look After Disabled Child

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:56 pm 
Post subject: Had to Stop Work To Look After Disabled Child
Hi,

My daughter recently had an operation on her hip condition she was born with. It was a pretty major op and now we are home, she needs a lot of care and attention.
Spoke to my boss who has been very understanding, i have dropped my hours considerably. I used to work 30+ hrs, on agreement with boss i will be available for evening shifts when she is stuck for staff. So wouldnt have guarnetted hours coming in.
Would i be eligable for any benefits if any? I cant work my normal hours due to my daughter's increased needs. I am intending to apply for DLA for her but the people i have spoke to who have experience of my daughters condition say that getting DLA for this condition is very hard and is always refused, so they always appeal.

Can anyone help?
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
I get dla for my son, which if you get the higher or middle rate you you can then claim carers allowance and you also get an extra payment in your tax credits too, all helps x x

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Only just saw this but I get DLA for my daughter but don't fill the forms out yourself if you're not familiar with them. Look up your local DIAL http://www.dialuk.info/ or get in touch with a support group for your child's condition.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
i hope ur little girl is ok after her operation. did u get accepted for dla?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular