Thiking about packing in my job and being a fulltime mum

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:55 am 
Post subject: Thiking about packing in my job and being a fulltime mum
Hello ladies! well i've come to the conclusion that work is really the route of all my problems and i've been signed off for a month for depression and it really is work thats been the bottom of it all, everyone says i should pack in work and be a fulltime mum till my head and heart is sorted.

All my friends think i'm mad because i work with such a young child but i honnestly see alot of parents work with young babies but not a lot of single mums my age so i'm wondering wether to stop working till Bella is in school? a little help would be great it's a big deicion to make xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:50 am 
Post subject:
Sorry you're feeling so low hun.

I cant offer you any advice as I wouldnt know where to begin regarding how hard it is to look after a LO (yet) and also wouldnt be sure of what financial help you can get but would an appointment with Citizens advice help you decide??

hope you get peace of mind soon x
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, im a (youngish) single mom and iv worked the whole time, but initially only 20 hours, then went up to 30, and as much as work does my head in, I know it is my route to sanity.

a lot of people thought i would give up work when i became a single mom, but at the risk of sounding like an awful person I could never be a stay at home mom.

what job do you do? and how many hours? could you ask for a transfer to a less stressful department, or less hours?

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
i am not single but i am a young mum had my first at 18 and 2nd at 21. I have always worked and enjoyed the time out from the kids but have only ever worked full time 16-20 hours a week. i got made redundant 5 months ago id ive got to say its possibly more stressful being a stay at home mum. i have looked for other jobs but cant find anything that wud fit round the kids.

so all id say is seriously consider ur options maybe reducing ur hours wud be better as its very difficult getting bak into work after being out of work and even more difficult if u need hours to fit round children and childcare arrangements.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular