PCOS help me get pregnant please

katiedaly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:10 pm 
Post subject: PCOS help me get pregnant please
hi everyone, im new here. i have recently been diagnosed with pcos which i have quite bad. i have the hair growth, very irregular periods, im lucky to have 4 or 5 a year but most of all im overweight, my bmi is 38 at the moment although i determined to get it down.
has anyone got any advice, my consultant wont touch me till my bmi is below 35.
would metformin help with the pcos

we have been trying for 3 years and its getting me down now Crying or Very sad
farzu23
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi hun,
Welcome to the forum.
I also am overweight with same bmi and TTC. I have all the PCOS symptoms but the doc says that i don't have PCOS. my period is also very irregular and i get it sometimes twice a month and stays sometimes for about 2 months with heavy bleeding. I also got anemia. Anyways, As my period is irregular, doc 1st gave me a med for making my cycles regular. I am planning to do cambridge diet for loosing my weight. Which i heard is very effective. I am also taking pregnacare plus (which contains folic acid and omega 3) for making my body suitable for pregnancy. And i'm making my husband take multivitamins. Don't worry everything will be ok hun. So many people are there who doesn't want a baby and getting pregnant every month, where we are just hoping from our heart to have a baby, God will offcourse answer our prayer.

Best of luck.
geogy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:57 am 
Post subject: Re: PCOS help me get pregnant please
katiedaly wrote:
hi everyone, im new here. i have recently been diagnosed with pcos which i have quite bad. i have the hair growth, very irregular periods, im lucky to have 4 or 5 a year but most of all im overweight, my bmi is 38 at the moment although i determined to get it down.
has anyone got any advice, my consultant wont touch me till my bmi is below 35.
would metformin help with the pcos

we have been trying for 3 years and its getting me down now Crying or Very sad

Hi Katiedaly, This is the first message I have replied to I also have pcos was diagnosed about 5 years ago all the same symptons. I have 3 children aged 9, 7 and 6 and was told I would never have anymore but I am lucky to say I am 6 months pregnant and delighted, my doctor prescribed me clomid and glucophage and they say the combination of the 2 works better than clomid on its own. GOOD LUCK WITH TRYING!
katiedaly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
thanks girls x x x x Very Happy
Poppy21
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry for being thick, but what's PCOS?!!
Lynbob
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Poppy21 Smile
PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome; small cysts on the ovaries that can affect your menstrual cycle and therefore your ability to have children.
Lynbob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular