Arghh potty training advice please!

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 am 
Post subject: Arghh potty training advice please!
My son keeps taking his nappy off and weeing and pooing on the floor! What should I do? I can't really leave a potty about with Shannah and the baby. I'm really lost as he's the first one of mine I've gone through this with. Should I get a step to the toilet and one of those seat insert thingies? How can I encourage him to go there? So confused!

Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Joe did this for a couple of weeks Della. I just used to keep reitterating that he needed to go on the potty.
Is there no where at all that you can have for the potty? Just until he learns when he needs to go and how to time getting to the toilet?
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
Do you think if I put it in the bathroom it would be okay? The downstairs one is tiny but I could fit it in there.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
why cant you leave a potty around, as long as its cleaned after use? i cant help with training him to use it though, im not that far along yet Laughing

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
i used to clean up after evelyn all the time but every time she did it i sat her on the potty after wards so she could get that the wee wees go in the pot not the floor! then i started to sit her on it every half hour or so and she took to it quite quickly i had it in my front room but a downstairs loo will be fine as at the begining you will be there when he does his business, when eve got to the stage of giving me enough warning i had a loo insert and a step. now she just goes off and does it on her own and only needs mee to wipe the poo poo!

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
I've never really used potties, probably mainly for the same reason as I usually had younger children too, I got a good step and seat combined similar to this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002PCNZBM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_g75_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0WAYVYJH3VXBPZHFXG3Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294
sorry about the huge link Embarassed Laughing and just kept it on the downstairs loo and asked on a regular basis if they needed the toilet , you can usually tell with boys because they tend to do a lot of grabbing I found (never grow out of that Laughing )so if you can time it right a few times and catch a wee then give lots of praise they usually catch on quickly enough, maybe have some sort of reward system too, maybe a sticker chart and some small toys (little cars etc) so if he gets lots of stickers he can choose one, although he may be a little young to grasp the concept yet . I also found it easier to leave trousers off in the house and just put them in underwear rather than pull ups so they knew there was something different going on, lots of praise and the odd bribe works wonders too , Good luck xx
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 am 
Post subject:
I just have images of him doing something into it and the other kids getting hold of it or even that they will just al start playing with it and he won't understand what it is. Hah Nat finding it easier to keep trousers off.. keeping them on at all during the day is a challenge! He strips off and runs around nude constantly lol Thanks for the replies everybody. That step/seat looks great btw x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular