Post baby diet and exercise

Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:20 am 
Post subject: Post baby diet and exercise
I've got my 6 week check on Monday so I'm starting to think about getting my figure back a bit (I've got about a stone to lose).
I'm not going to rush anything - want to do it gradually - but don't want to leave it too long either as then I will prob have 2 stone to lose if I carry on eating the way I am at the moment! Laughing

Just wondering at what stage you all started to diet / exercise after having a baby, and how you went about it?

xx

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:00 am 
Post subject:
I have been really good about doing my post natal exercises each time, pelvic floors when feeding etc. After my 6 week check I started doing a few more serious abs, but I continued to walk a lot everyday even up until then. I've not dieted as such, just been careful about what I eat and when (unless you count the week on the porridge diet which made no difference). Ive been lucky though, I've been back in my jeans since she was a week old, and today I am wearing a pair of denim jeggings that I brought in a size 10 when she was about 4 weeks old and they are loose around the waist now, although don't think I would get the smaller size over my hips. But I weigh the same as I did when I got pregnant, even if my shape is a little rearranged. Evie is now 28 weeks, but I've been that size for the last 2 months.
handbaglady
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi!
Cameron is a similar age to your LO and I too have started to think about getting back into shape. I hate my 'mummy tummy' and even though I have lost 2 and a half stone quite quickly, I want to be a small 8 again so I can wear all my old clothes as I can't really afford to buy new stuff in a bigger size.

I also have just under a stone to go and I'm going to start with more walks outside with Cam in the pram and some weight training and gentle work on my abs. I've already given up chocolate, biscuits & cake which is really hard!!!!
Good luck - we will be looking like yummy mummies in no time!!! Jo x

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
i have started to watch what im eating and how much because i was scoffing it down whilst pg haha. I weighed myself the other day and im 9lbs heavier than i was before i got pg so i think ive done really well. I want to loose a bit more though.
Can anyone help on how long my wobbley belly will take to go?? or will i be stuck with it forever. Ive got awful stretch marks on my belly which im gutted about too Evil or Very Mad ah well. I dont do much exercise atm just walking the dog for about 20mins and housework/running around for kayne all day xxx

ozzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
I was really lucky 1st time with Sophie. Gained 2st 5lbs in pregnancy & lost in all by the time she was 19days! I was BF & it just fell off.
With Olivia, I gained 2st 11lbs Surprised I started to BF but due to health problems with Olivia, had to start her on bottles @ 4wks. I've still got 1st to loose, finding it much harder to loose this time & now winter is fast approaching, I'm not sure if I'll loose it till after New Year!
I really pig out over winter Laughing

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
[url=http://lilypie.com]
XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
i feel really bad now. it took me 4 years to start thinking about loosing the "baby" weight Embarassed and i still havnt Embarassed after having Ronan i just kept putting the weight on. i was nearly 14 stone (i was 11 when i got pg) Embarassed i have lost 1 1/2 stone now though Smile

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
there is no rush to lose the baby weight!
i was naughty and went back to work after 4 weeks.
my job is a fitness instructor and january is a huge time for us, if eve had been born at any other time i wouldnt have gone back so quickly and i DONT recomend anyone goes back to exercise that soon. i had been teaching classes almost to my due date.
if you have had a good pregnancy and a normal birth easing yourself into exercise is best after youve had your 6 week check, do things like walking swimming and small weights dont do any abdominal work until your abdominal seperation has been checked ( if unsure ask your gp )
if you are careful with your diet(and i dont mean rabbit food or fad dieting, just watch the junk) the baby weight will fly off a stone isnt much and remember it took 9 months to put it on dont expect it to go in 2 weeks.
even with my job being as it is i took it easy and i was back to my original weight in 8 weeks but expect it to be around 1-2lbs a week give yourself 12 - 14 weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular