Sperm life??

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:22 pm 
Post subject: Sperm life??
Hello anyone. I am getting abit confused about how long sperm can live for once left the man.I always say to stay there for a little while just to help them swim up. I know that once left he man they start swimming what im trying to find out does you OH jump straight off after and would that make any difference??

Rolling Eyes

bettyjoy
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 pm 
Post subject:
hi not 100% sure but have been told by a friend that sperm can live for upto 7 days and a egg lives for 24 to 48 hours hope this helps
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:21 am 
Post subject:
It shouldn't make a difference if your OH stays there or not as sperm starts to congeal pretty quickly (lovely word isn't it Laughing ) and then after 20 minutes or so it liquifies again and then the little swimmers set off,a lot of women like to have a pillow or something under their hips to get them heading in the right direction , times vary depending on what programme you watch or what site you're on but it takes between 10-14 hours for them to reach your tubes, but once they're there they sort of burrow into the lining of the tube and wait for the egg and your body actually keeps them in suspended animation and feeds them Shocked saw it on a programme called the great sperm race Laughing they can survive there for several days ,( most things say 3-5 )and they only wake up when the egg is released . So if they reach your tubes they can survive for a while, in the vagina they dont live for long even in the ewcm , and they cant hang about in your uterus as your body attacks them Rolling Eyes could almost feel sorry for them Laughing from all the millions that start out only around 20 make it to the tube and have a chance of fertilising the egg xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Nat70, Thank you for that lesson. I was just curious as i heard different saying 3-4 days but did not know any more.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 am 
Post subject:
I know it's a bit sad knowing so much about sperm Embarassed but when you've been ttc for 14 months you start watching every programme there is Embarassed Laughing you can watch the sperm race one on the internet think it was on bbc1, was quite interesting really considering the topic Laughing xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Nat70 ,

I think I will look it up just to see. I was winding my oh up say he might have to get his sperm to get some muscles lol. Oh well we will have to keep trying. Im not much for waiting and have been only trying seriously for 3-4 month and want it now Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular