advice on name??

Meganelizabeth
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:36 pm 
Post subject: advice on name??
hey was jst wunderin wht others wud do?
my first born is called Lucas and we r goin to call our second Leo. but we hv had alot of stick naming both children wit names beginning wit L. saying its goin to cause trouble n it gves the similar intials.
we sed all along if this ones a boy he wud b calld Leo. i got to choose my first borns name an this is my partners fav name & i also love it. i especially dnt want my partner nt to use his fav name.
mmm im jst ranting cus these comments r comin from all sides.....
wht wud u do??
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Its totally you and your OHs choice hun and if that is the name you want, dont let anyone put you off! PERSONALLY, I wouldnt name two kids with the same initial. I didnt even want to do that with my twin boys even though everyone expected me to. But its not to say its a bad thing to do. And I think those are lovely names individually so I would go for it Smile x

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't go out of my way to name my kids with names starting with the same letter but if I liked the two names I wouldn't let it stop me. Ignore what anybody else has to say as they are your children, not theirs. My friends has three kids - two girls and a boy - and all their names start with K.

XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
just call your child what you want to call them people didnt like our choice of name for our LO but they all got used to it. they had to really.

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Its not up to anyone else what you call your child! Who cares that their names start with the same letter that is neither here nor there! xxxx Very Happy if you love it so much stick to your guns!! xxx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Its totally up to you, I know my brother and his girlf didnt decide for about 3 days after she was born what my neice was called!! x
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 am 
Post subject:
dellabobella wrote:
I wouldn't go out of my way to name my kids with names starting with the same letter but if I liked the two names I wouldn't let it stop me. Ignore what anybody else has to say as they are your children, not theirs. My friends has three kids - two girls and a boy - and all their names start with K.

Do you know the Kardashians della?? Laughing

Meganelizabeth - Its definately you and your ohs choice. Everyone has an opinion. My ohs sister has a strange name and their papa said to their mum - where did you pick that?! A lucky bag. But they all got used to it, and it suits her and her personality. Family will come around to your choice, choose what you BOTH want. xx

bunnymama
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:38 am 
Post subject:
i dont see a problem just go for it as if you listen to other people and choose somethin else then you could regret it eventually. i think they sound lovely together. xx
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
some people really wind me up with babies names, call your children what you want to hun. When we told everyone we were calling out LO Kayne some liked it and others like my BIL took the p*ss out of it saying are you really calling him that and laughing Confused whereas i find its harder to take the p*ss out of a childs name once there here rather than a bumps name xxx

NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
The only problem I see is when they are older letters been sent to them with MR L (surname), which might cause some confussion but saying that a bloke in the office has same initals as his son and they managed to work through it.
Wildfire
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
I'd use it. Everyone has an opinion on names, it's just something they like to do (although I wish they wouldn't!) If you wanted to call him Luke, or it was a girl and you'd said Lucy, then no, but they're totally different names. I love the name Leo. Very Happy

If you want to avoid confusion with letters addressed to them when they're older, just make sure they have middle names starting with different letters.
You might regret not using a name you love.
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
my two both have names beginning with L and it's never been an issue...just go with it if it's what you both want, forget what others say/think

Meganelizabeth
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Jst wantd to inform u all that we hav decided on Leo Riley Flint x
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
on 19 kids and counting all the kids names start with J Very Happy
people say, oh you dont want 2 initial and surnames the same cos what about the post. like your kids are going to get that much post to make a difference! go with the names you like.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thats brill, lovely name, it wouldnt bother me if my LOs had same initial

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: