Bleeding after having baby (and 6 week check)

Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:06 am 
Post subject: Bleeding after having baby (and 6 week check)
Hi all,

I had my dd 7 weeks ago and the lochia bleeding stopped after a couple of weeks. I then went back on the pill at 21 days as I was told I would be protected straight away (I'm not breast feeding).

I was fine for about a week and then started bleeding again (quite heavy, bright red like a period) and this went on until I had my week's break on the pill and then the bleeding stopped. I started it again yesterday and now I'm bleeding again! Its like the pill is making me bleed!! Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Also I had my 6 week check the other day and the doc didn't check my stomach. My mum says I need to have this checked to make sure my womb has gone back into place - is this right?

Think I'll have to go back to the docs to discuss both issues but just wondered if anyone had any advice?

Thanks x

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
I would definately go back to the GP, you might just need to try a different brand of pill. I can't remember my 6 week check but I had c-section and I remember the doctor checking my scar and feeling the bottom of my tummy but I'd told her that I had no feeling so that's probably why.
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
I'd go and speak to them about the pill. The dr didn't check whether my womb had gone back. She checked my c-section scar and asked me about contraceptive

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:41 am 
Post subject:
the mw checked my womb at about 10 days and said it was almost back to normal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular